Local parts store keep ball joint dust boots?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dinanm3atl
    replied
    I am going to call around tomorrow. Hopefully someone will have a few.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by FunfGan
    ^Agree. I did the same thing, and nobody ever has bmw parts in stock. You could always try your local bmw dealership though they will obviously, most likely be be pretty pricey.
    Not true. The day we were going to put my engine in, we realized we were missing the pilot bearing for the flywheel.

    The 3rd auto parts store in town I called had 4 of them in stock.

    Leave a comment:


  • e34john
    replied
    We have some at NAPA but we charge a lot.

    Leave a comment:


  • dinanm3atl
    replied
    Ask Rich... it's his garage.



    And realoem doesn't even list them as a part. sigh

    Leave a comment:


  • Dominic49
    replied
    why use a pickle fork when a ball joint press would of paid for itself by now? :P

    Leave a comment:


  • dinanm3atl
    replied
    BMW doesn't keep sway bar end links in stock... doubt they keep dust boots for the control arm... lulz

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    ^Agree. I did the same thing, and nobody ever has bmw parts in stock. You could always try your local bmw dealership though they will obviously, most likely be be pretty pricey.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    local places should be able to get them. but i doubt in stock...

    Leave a comment:


  • dinanm3atl
    started a topic Local parts store keep ball joint dust boots?

    Local parts store keep ball joint dust boots?

    Installing coilovers and I have brand new control arms and tie-rods installed... and a pickle fork usually makes quick work of those nice new boots. Normally I order the BMP boots(I think energy suspension makes them) and I install those...

    Whelp. I forgot! Oops! Any places like Autozone, O'Reillys and the like keep boots in stock that anyone has had experience with? It's E30 control arms with E36 tie rods.
Working...