The Volvo thread. (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • freeride53
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryann
    Agreed, with the exception of the factory Virgos that came on the 80's turbo models. I've owned and loved bricks but they're just not driver's cars without a shitload of expensive mods imo.
    I have to agree. My favorite thing about the Volvo (traditional rwd layout) is its durability. Everything is so easy to work on. Parts are reasonably cheap, plentiful, and the engine's are so easy to modify. Boxy looks are a given.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    wtf... dohc volvo engine with a timing belt.
    Yes, infact, that was the most famous engine in Volvo Motorsport history..
    The 16V Head is now a common conversion for most guys with B200-series 8-valvers. For my own car, I saved aside most of the parts to turbocharge my own engine with hopes of swapping engine heads, but sorta lost interest and bought an E30. However, one day, I hope to pick up where I left off.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryann
    replied
    Originally posted by Holland
    I have come to the conclusion that I have yet to see a set of wheels that work looks wise on a 240. The wheels by themselves are nice, but none that work with that body. They all look out of place.
    Agreed, with the exception of the factory Virgos that came on the 80's turbo models. I've owned and loved bricks but they're just not driver's cars without a shitload of expensive mods imo.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    wtf... dohc volvo engine with a timing belt.

    Leave a comment:


  • FKNFASTM5
    replied
    my contri.



    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Originally posted by Mfever
    ive got an 850 t5... love the damn thing but i wish it was stick...
    M90 swap it!! They're getting cheaper these days...

    Leave a comment:


  • Mfever
    replied
    ive got an 850 t5... love the damn thing but i wish it was stick...

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    I have come to the conclusion that I have yet to see a set of wheels that work looks wise on a 240. The wheels by themselves are nice, but none that work with that body. They all look out of place.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Mas y mas...












    Leave a comment:


  • Pantless Spency
    replied
    i really like the 240d's as well, the other day i saw one with louvers, it was sofa king sick.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    started a topic The Volvo thread. (Pic Heavy)

    The Volvo thread. (Pic Heavy)

    Thought it's bout' damn time.
    I've had an obsession with Volvos literally since I was three years old.
    The 240 has, and always will be, one of my top dream cars.
    Here are a few to start things off...












    And theee best ones:









    ...and our own swagga-wagon
Working...