BMW N series Engines WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
    Valvetronic tech is pretty sweet. Throttle control using the valves instead of a butterfly. Direct injection is also very sweet.

Your standalone would cost alot as its gotta do alot of things that our basic standalones can't do right now...
    Yeh that is true.

IDK though I am sure the signal for the Valvetronic is liner, with a bit of solder and some chips I am sure you could create a circuit system to give the correct signal for the valvetronic, and also a signal output for the stand alone. Bit of work but well worth it I recon.

I have heard of manufactures trying to create valve train systems that use magnets instead with infinite variable control. If that ever takes off it would seem as though the combustion engine will have reached its full potential. No to mention you would not even need to have a intake just a filter for race engines on AlphaN LOL
    sigpic

Comment

In my eyes, it would be an ECU with so many I/Os, like some sort of constant cam angle control, plus you have to deal with constant variable double vanos on top of that, then factor in the back up drive-by-wire system, direct fuel injection systems....

We are still on mechanical throttle cables. As aftermarket standalones go, we are just beginning to break into the tech automotive OEMs used factory 25+ years ago. We are definitely catching up very fast...but we aren't quite there yet. All of the "solutions" are usually in the $8-10k range, and for most normal humans, that's a bit outrageous for a little box filled with plastic, copper, silicone, and tin.

Eventually my friend. Give it another 3-5 years and standalones will be cheap enough to run the already outdated n52 engines. Like factory OE, not some bullshit cam-locked excuses...

To me that's like saying "I can't figure out the computer, so I'll just ditch fuel injection for Carburetors"

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
      PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

^
        Yeh I see what you mean. Sometimes I wish I was a electronic engineer I would be all over this hahaha.
        sigpic

Comment

Meh i'll keep my M20 . Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Anguz View Post
            Meh i'll keep my M20 . Thank you.
            right

Comment

Working...
            X