The Official Wreckage Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Wreckage Thread

All of us have been in an accident severe or minor. But regardless of how much damage, we all get that sinking feeling in our gut when we first see it. Post up your story of any one of accidents along with pictures if possible.

Rules: Just tell the story. Also note what car you were driving.

Car: 2006 Tiburon GT

My story: I was driving to work down 50 to Cincinnati in my 3 month old Tiburon behind a semi on a two lane. I'll admit I was riding on the semi's bumper but I was trying to pass him. As I was going to pass him I did the shoulder look around to check my blind spot. Turns out that wasn't the spot I should've been looking at. Up ahead was an enormous chevy touring van, you know the ones with a mardi gras parade in them. I had no time to really slow down and WHAM!! I rear ended the van going 60mph while it was at a stand still. It went flying bout 50 feet ahead through traffic the girl behind me swirved to miss me and sideswiped the van that I hit. I remember every instance of the impact including seeing my mcDonalds cup hit the dash in slowmotion. Luckily I wasn't hurt, just a torn thumbnail. I turned to open my door but it was crimped and wouldn't open. Finally I faced me feet to the door and kicked as hard as I could snapping the hinges and sending my door about 15 feet from my car. I laughed about this later of how I got out of my car like the Terminator and dramatically looked at the people staring at me in their car. TERMINATOR ALERT!!! But all in all I was upset that my new car was destroyed but I left unscaved and that's all I could've hoped for. The kicker of this story is that the accident wasn't what left me unsettled. It was the fact that my passenger airbag went off with no one in it, but mine didn't!!

Moral of the story...don't ride semi's bumpers and always look ahead. Oh and don't buy Hyundai's from 2006-2007 ha.
    Last edited by slaterd; 09-30-2011, 09:47 PM.
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

this thread is worthless without pics!
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
      don't buy Hyundais
      Aha.

(got rid of that confusing apostrophe for you)

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
      2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

engine punched through the firewall and remember NO AIRBAG!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tiburon wreck1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	7135802

Name:	tiburon wreck1.jpg
ID:	7135802

Name:	tiburon wreck3.jpg
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	7135803

Name:	tiburon wreck4.jpg
ID:	7135804

Comment

engine punched through the firewall and remember NO AIRBAG!!

[ATTACH]47007[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47007[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47008[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47009[/ATTACH]
          guy in van: "This bitch can suck my dick for running her tiburon into my car"
          sigpic
          Originally posted by e30hijinks
          I move faster than "the speed of light." I'm always connected to my Blackberry and am ready to purchase at a moment's notice. I do not play games

Comment

Originally posted by walktheboard View Post
            guy in van: "This bitch can suck my dick for running her tiburon into my car"
            if they would've said that I would've head butt them. they were from out of town and apparently "didn't see the turn lane/suicide lane" and was trying to turn in the middle of traffic. plus i'm a guy so that would be double dome destruction

Comment

11's gonna 11

Comment

thought i might as well copy this from my buddy's thread.....

tire blew and he spun out...gas and oil immediately leaked and torched the whole car.

1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                1974 2002tii / stock
                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

All of us have been in an accident severe or minor.
                  I haven't.
                  (Knock on some serious motherfucking wood)

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                    I haven't.
                    (Knock on some serious motherfucking wood)
                    HA I said that cause the statistics are pretty high. But I guess you're one of the few people with non tainted driving records. sounds like i'm being a dick but I wish I could go back for my insurance rate's sake.

Comment

OP - I have a story very similar to yours. I was driving a 2004 Tiburon GT and I rear ended someone going around 40-50 and my passenger airbag went off while mine didn't. This is quite common with Tiburons because of the Driver seat belt sensor going out.

One of the worst accidents that I've been in was when a tire blew out in my grandmas 2002 Subaru Impreza wagon at about 75-80mph. I went into one of those 3 wire guard rails, in which the car was caught up in for nearly 100 feet. One of the posts I ended up dragging for a good 20 feet. I was very fortunate that 1. The car didn't roll. 2. I didn't go through the guard rail and off the cliff behind it. And 3. the worst that happened to me was going into shock. Since then I am very aware of tire PSI. Lol
                      Sparkle' - Strategic Alpin Command

Originally posted by markseven
                      That right there is why everyone loves E30s.
                      Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
                      no fat dudes. car will scrape
                      Originally posted by Ryann
                      Stacey in yoga pants. Discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkle' View Post
                        OP - I have a story very similar to yours. I was driving a 2004 Tiburon GT and I rear ended someone going around 40-50 and my passenger airbag went off while mine didn't. This is quite common with Tiburons because of the Driver seat belt sensor going out.

One of the worst accidents that I've been in was when a tire blew out in my grandmas 2002 Subaru Impreza wagon at about 75-80mph. I went into one of those 3 wire guard rails, in which the car was caught up in for nearly 100 feet. One of the posts I ended up dragging for a good 20 feet. I was very fortunate that 1. The car didn't roll. 2. I didn't go through the guard rail and off the cliff behind it. And 3. the worst that happened to me was going into shock. Since then I am very aware of tire PSI. Lol
                        wow, I did some research and apparently 2004-2006 Hyundais...Sonata, Elantra, Tiburon all have that problem. I tried filing a lawsuit for safety equipment malfunction but no lawyer would even touch it. But with the wired and post rails consider yourself extremely lucky. A guy down the road from where I lived went off the road going only 40ish, hit that same kind of rail and a post shot right through his firewall, through his dash, through his steering wheel, and took half his head off. FUCKED UP

Comment

just trolling no worries..

worst accident i had was in a 93 civic sedan..was the end of the week and had finished a 60 hour week with a split double shift...less then 5 mins away from my house i fell asleep at the wheel and hit a tree doing an estimated 75-85 mph.... they had to chain the car to the tree an use a tow truck to pull it apart then cut it open with the jaws of life..airlifted me to the hospital ..

broke my left femur bone...had a hole in the lower left leg where the fuse box had embedded itself...had internal bruising....few cuts in various spots and long term issue if fucked my teeth up when my face hit the steering wheel...

other wise 4 months later i was back to work..about 6 months ahead of when they said i could

Comment

^ Holy shit dude. Glad to hear you've recovered from it. Makes me think twice about ever considering driving tired again.

wow, I did some research and apparently 2004-2006 Hyundais...Sonata, Elantra, Tiburon all have that problem. I tried filing a lawsuit for safety equipment malfunction but no lawyer would even touch it. But with the wired and post rails consider yourself extremely lucky. A guy down the road from where I lived went off the road going only 40ish, hit that same kind of rail and a post shot right through his firewall, through his dash, through his steering wheel, and took half his head off. FUCKED UP
                            Yeah, because its a recall I think thats why lawyers dont even care.

Holy crap. I didn't know that kind of thing was possible. I will consider myself very lucky.

Hell, With the amount of car accidents I HAVE been in, I already consider myself very lucky.
                            Sparkle' - Strategic Alpin Command

Originally posted by markseven
                            That right there is why everyone loves E30s.
                            Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
                            no fat dudes. car will scrape
                            Originally posted by Ryann
                            Stacey in yoga pants. Discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkle' View Post
                              ^ Holy shit dude. Glad to hear you've recovered from it. Makes me think twice about ever considering driving tired again.

Yeah, because its a recall I think thats why lawyers dont even care.

Holy crap. I didn't know that kind of thing was possible. I will consider myself very lucky.

Hell, With the amount of car accidents I HAVE been in, I already consider myself very lucky.
                              the worst part is that it happened half a mile from his house.

Comment

Working...
                              X