Why does r3v hate subarus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does r3v hate subarus?

I was scanning the area and have found that there's a general opinion in here that subarus suck.

I realize part of this may be because of how much they differ from our e30's, but i've always thought that when I need to buy a family car, i would be buying a WRX instead of a camry or an suv.

care to elaborate,
    on your hate?
    1985 325e
    mods:
    Powerflex CABs
    MOMO Corse Exhaust
    euro bumpers with BBS front spoiler
    e36 m3 shifter
    uuc clutch stop

Because you touch yourself at night.

Comment

There isn't anything wrong with Subies.

Comment

Meh I got nothin against subys -- may pick one up if I ever get rid of my xi

Comment

Originally posted by Eecen View Post
          Because you touch yourself at night.
          let's be honest, it doesn't matter if we're getting some; we all touch ourselves at night.
          1985 325e
          mods:
          Powerflex CABs
          MOMO Corse Exhaust
          e36 m3 shifter
          uuc clutch stop

Comment

I have one, family has had three.

I'll defend them to death, they're great cars.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Your kidding right? Every thread on here about subarus everyone praise them.
              Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Subaru's do rock. Not to mention...flat 6's are sexy, and sound AMAZING! The 4's are beastly as well.
                85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

I love my wrx. 4 cyl. turbo, box cut fender flares, gurney flap and no stability control or traction control.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Subie's are everywhere up here, literally. And there is a reason for it, they are great in the snow. Had an '89 Justy, and I absolutely loved that thing. Beat the piss out of it going places no car should ever go, and it never gave me an issue.

Comment

A lot of people have subies for winter cars, autox, rally, etc.

You smoke more crack than me OP.

I had a justy. Tried to kill it.
                      Couldn't do it. Even when hydrolocked twice. And drained of oil for a month by accident. Still ran.

The car was eventually killed by the rear wheels falling off and the person at the time not caring to fix it. So we tore up and down the corn fields in it dragging the ass in drunken stupors for two years before we hit the infamous tree of death that 7 other cars have met their demise against.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Huh, i guess it's not an opinion shared by everyone, then. I just saw titles containing 'mediocrity' and 'ugly', and general bashing so i thought it was the majority opinion.

the only model i thought was flat out ugly was the 'alligator eyes'. i used to hate the 'bug eyes', but i grew to like it...and i feel like the latest generation looks pretty damn good.
                        1985 325e
                        mods:
                        Powerflex CABs
                        MOMO Corse Exhaust
                        e36 m3 shifter
                        uuc clutch stop

Comment

They are ugly and mediocre. They are also cheap, AWD, effective and halfway decent to drive.
                          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                          2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                          1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                          1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                          - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                          1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                          Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

I hate STIs beccause every flatbilled/stretched earlobe/Nike Dunks wearing douchebag around here has one. There are countless amounts of them, and I'm not just saying that. They are EVERYWHERE. Their parents all bought them, and as soon as they got them home, they slapped mudflaps and a Monster Energy sticker on them. They all fit the same giant fart-can that makes it sound like a Peter Griffin fart, and they all think they're Ken Block.

I hate them for the same reason I hate Priuses. I don't hate the car, I hate the douchebags driving them.

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                              They are ugly and mediocre. They are also cheap, AWD, effective and halfway decent to drive.
                              +1. I have a bunch of friends with them, and they are a blast to drive.
                              88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                              We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Working...
                              X