The YAN-3 Fund.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digitalwave
    Can we please stop bumping this thread until Josh pays up and Yan confirms?
    I'll keep a note to remind me to bump this post in 3 years.
    sigpic
    327is
    325es
    325es
    318is
    Fiesta ST
    E46 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
      I would be lying if I said this didn't cross my mind a few times.
      So it not just me. If he can come up with a hacking story, I am sure he can come up with something like this..
      sigpic
      327is
      325es
      325es
      318is
      Fiesta ST
      E46 M3

Comment

Nah, He's gonna pay Yan this time. I just know it.
        Originally posted by Andy.B
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
          Nah, He's gonna pay Yan this time. I just know it.
          Quoted for reference in a day or two's time when I do and pay the screenshot of the transaction from PayPal.

Just because.

:up:

Comment

So whats your new DD?

Comment

Who lets a car go without guaranteed funds for it? If the bank is holding the cheque (sorry, check, I'm Canadian), that means they don't have sufficient evidence to show that the instrument is guaranteed and are not willing to take the risk on it not clearing. A risk of having to get money back from you, a person whom they have social security, address, history, and other confident means to collect back from you. It's too risky for them. And you let a car go with that same instrument and information attached to it?

That kid could have a free "$8k" E30 right now. This decision was more reckless than anything you did up to now in my opinion, especially since you're not only fucking with your own money, but that of the public also. This could all work out as if you didn't just make a gigantic mistake, but regardless of the result, it was a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Jand3rson View Post
                He gave me a cashier's check, so I'll have to get to the bank tomorrow and then get funds to Yan.
                Isn't a cashier's check certified funds?
                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                  Isn't a cashier's check certified funds?
                  It should be. They just hold the funds if it is over a certain amount due to the possibility of it being fraudulent, even when it is a cashiers check.

Generally, if you make a deposit in person to a bank employee, then the bank must make the funds available by the next business day after the banking day on which the check is deposited.

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                  Originally posted by scabzzzz
                  I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                  1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                  2002 325i - DD
                  2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Who lets a car go without guaranteed funds for it? If the bank is holding the cheque (sorry, check, I'm Canadian), that means they don't have sufficient evidence to show that the instrument is guaranteed and are not willing to take the risk on it not clearing. A risk of having to get money back from you, a person whom they have social security, address, history, and other confident means to collect back from you. It's too risky for them. And you let a car go with that same instrument and information attached to it?

That kid could have a free "$8k" E30 right now. This decision was more reckless than anything you did up to now in my opinion, especially since you're not only fucking with your own money, but that of the public also. This could all work out as if you didn't just make a gigantic mistake, but regardless of the result, it was a mistake.
                    cashier's cheque
                    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                    (Daily Driver)
                    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                    KW V2 Coilovers
                    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I know it's a cashier's check. It doesn't matter, if the bank holds it they clearly don't trust it enough to treat it as cash. If Josh wasn't able to convince them it's guaranteed funds, one would assume the evidence given wasn't enough to confirm if it's a real check or not.

I worked as a bank branch staff for 8 years making those calls. If we hold a cashier's check, either you've been defrauding us repeatedly and can't be trusted at all (can't rule this out as a possibility I guess) or the check could not be sufficiently proven to be legit.

I bought cars in the US, the seller always went to their bank and verified it before I left. I've done it with my own cars too. I don't think you guys know how many fake cashier's checks are deposited every single day.

Comment

Never even crossed my mind, But I only take cash as payment.

Comment

Yep, cash. Preferably in five dollar bills. Then you get to have one of those briefcases full of cash.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~
                          I was born on 3/25…
                          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Realistically, BofA has an advanced system that shouldve verified and cleared that check by now... unless the account has had issues with funny stuff
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              ... unless the account has had issues with funny stuff
                              in which the OP said he's already had so it'll just have to wait a little bit longer.

good grief you guys are like vultures circling around a dead horse trying to pick at any piece of meat left on a very dead subject.
                              Originally posted by flyboyx
                              i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

I mean, you know r3v loves to beat....and beat.....and beat.....

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Working...
                                X