Smoked front signals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked front signals?

I was sitting in Carl's Jr. and i was looking out the window at my car and noticed I need new trun signal lenses. I always wanted smoked ones so, Who sells them? Mine are all old and cloudy, I figure nows as good a time as any.

Brian

www.lowendesign.com does
    BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      www.lowendesign.com does
      They're pretty shady from what I've heard. Actually now that I think about it, I've never heard any one say anything good about them.

You should try using smoked lamin-x over them. 'Mystikal' used it on his (so did I, but no pics) and I think it turned out really well, he has pictures somewhere on the forum. If you take your time with it, you can get really good results.... not to mention it would only be about $20 to smoke all of the signals/parking lights on your car. It'll also protect them from rocks and such.

edit: I just noticed that you have euro bumper trim, so disregard the comment about the parking lights ;)
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Ill try bavauto, also who can get NEW french fogs? I called Bavauto and they said the wont import them into the US. True or BS?

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian 89 325i
            Ill try bavauto, also who can get NEW french fogs? I called Bavauto and they said the wont import them into the US. True or BS?

Brian
            It's probably not worth their time to do it. Maybe if you hassled them enough and ordered several pairs (group buy), the would consider it.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Brian
              Making them yellow isn't too hard. Just some clearcoat and some yellow film and yellow bulbs will do the trick. If you really want them, ask Greg (M-Technik-3), he ocassionally has a set to sell.
              Reminiscing...

Comment

Lamin-X on turn signals is pretty useless. You can either buy smoked or use black model tint spray to smoke your stock ones ($3). You can get smoked signals on eBay very often. Make sure you do your side markers to match...

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                  Lamin-X on turn signals is pretty useless.
                  How come?
                  James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

It just seems like a lot of work and money for something that could have better results (if you can paint well) for much cheaper.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Brian
                      BS, both BMA & eap4parts quoted me on them. part numbers on my website:

Comment

Well, with Lamin-X you at least wouldnt have to worry nearly as much about the lenses cracking, and there is no chance of having the tint fading (like paint can) over time...
                        James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

If you paint the inside of the lense, it won't fade. And how often do you hear of cracked turn signal lenses? I have never heard of one.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Both of my current signal lenses are cracked. :idea:
                            James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

can you smoke the foglight housing and use yellow bulbs to get smoiked fogs during the day and french at night. will it shine through?

Comment

Working...
                              X