A serious heads up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A serious heads up!

Hey guys, this issue is getting some serious traction over at e90 post. A member took his e90 into a BMW dealership for service and the service tech literally turned off the warning lights and sent him back out on the road..only to narrowly escape what could have been a deadly crash.

Here's the link to the story on reedit and if you're living anywhere near this particular dealership make sure that you STAY AWAY!

Just looking out :were:

WOW! I thought this kind of shit could only happen here in Greece...
    N.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
    It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
    you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. This community is more likely to run their car into an airplane then into a BMW dealership though.

Comment

I'm confused. Isn't the steering wheel directly connected to the steering rack, despite the active steering? Like, something major would have to fail to lose all steering input.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
          I'm confused. Isn't the steering wheel directly connected to the steering rack, despite the active steering? Like, something major would have to fail to lose all steering input.
          I believe it's a DSC error, where it's locking the brakes on one side of the car acting it to swerve ........could be wrong.
          Originally posted by TSI
          ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
          OEM+

Comment

wow terrible.

still two sides to a story, but this dude seems like he's done his homework and BMWNA+Dealership is just trying to push the problem aside untill it goes away.

cross posted the reddit link on my local BMW forum...this will spread.
            so easy to make this right for the customer really...
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Gawdam I loves me some e30s.
              STX e30
              No. 10/110 STX: 1989 325i
              DD: 1991 318is slicktop

SHAZAM, GOMER, LOOK AHEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by 02stu View Post
                This community is more likely to run their car into an airplane then into a BMW dealership though.
                :p

Comment

How did I know before I even clicked the link this would be in AZ...

Guess I'll spread this to the AZbmw forums if it hasn't already. Hope things work out for this guy, and everyone avoids that dealership.
                  Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. This community is more likely to run their car into an airplane then into a BMW dealership though.

+ 1
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I've been to that dealership countless times. I agree, r3v isn't known as the $tealership type crowd, except maybe a visit the the parts department if we have to.

I've never dealt with the service department except for a PPI. I wonder what tech caused this whole ordeal?

I hope this guy gets it sorted. I too am surprised there isn't a thread about this on azbmw. The OP must not be active there, otherwise I'm sure I would have seen this.
                      Last edited by DEV0 E30; 01-04-2012, 10:41 AM.
                      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

this guy made 3 mistakes. 1 he bought an e90, 2 he took it to a dealership, ... 3 empty gun rack!
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                          EXACTLY. there is alot of OVERREACTING in this whole thing. YES the steering wheel will be crooked, but you will still be able to steer. the steering angle sensor is bad.

yes, the tech was wrong.

The ABS/traction control lights will also light up due to the car not knowing what angle the front wheels are at, so the system will no longer function.

nutsack new BMW owners!!!! damn.

I am sure the tech thought he was helping the guy. re-set the sensor and sent the guy on his way.

Comment

do e90s have electric powersteering?

my rx8 has it and if the car is off it is incredibly hard to steer. much worse than an e30 without ps (of course, my rx8 doesnt have narrow tires like an e30) but you can definitely still steer. however, if the double motor redundant ps went out while i was driving AND it happened during an emergency it could definitely throw me for a good loop and quite possibly change a hairy situation into a life threatening one.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Actually, I think we are more likely to crash into a guardrail in the wet.

Comment

Working...
                              X