No announcement yet.

Drift question when you are right handed or left handed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When street drifting (in Mexico of course) I get sketched out with right hand turns. But mostly because I cant see around the corner if I'm close to it so therefore left handers preferred always
    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Drift? What do you mean drift?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
        Freeway? No
        Bald tires? No
        City driving. ANY city driving? Yes.
        because the chirpin thing when you turn? is it almost unturnable at slow corners?? and if i take a yellow light going left at 25+ am i going to start sliding/ lose control?

Comment

Originally posted by lovinmye30 View Post
          dont mean to thread jack but does anyone have a welded diff and HAte it while driving on the freeway or bald tires?
          Freeway - Yes if the road is grooved. It will make the car track like crazy.
          I don't drive on bald tires.

Originally posted by lovinmye30 View Post
          because the chirpin thing when you turn? is it almost unturnable at slow corners?? and if i take a yellow light going left at 25+ am i going to start sliding/ lose control?
          It still turns fine, but you're going to be made fun of every time you try to park. My entire car would hop up and down because I drove with grippy tires. It's no issue once you're moving over 10MPH, but you're going to be screeching, and wearing tires like crazy. I drove around San Francisco for 4 hours with a welded diff killing time, I never had any issues (even going down Lombard), except tire wear. You're not going to magically start sliding unless you're driving like a dipshit.

Comment

Wet weather can get a tad hairy if you're not paying attention on super stiff coils and shit, but that's common sense.

And it's not the chirping that bothers me. It's the entire damn car shuddering and banging going 3mph around a corner. It gets REALLY annoying. And no, not unturnable at all. Just annoying.

Never had a tracking issue on the freeway. Going around turns at 25+ you can feel the rear end push and ratchet back in, but it snaps back smoothly enough.

I also haven't noticed extreme tire wear. I go through rears too quickly to notice, or even care.

But, This isn't an E30 I'm speaking of.
            \/ It's that car. Sees less road time than track time. I'd put my gopro in it and show you, but it's winter. I would most certainly die recording it.
            Last edited by TurboJake; 01-08-2012, 11:41 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
              Wet weather can get a tad hairy if you're not paying attention on super stiff coils and shit.

And it's not the chirping that bothers me. It's the entire damn car shuddering and banging going 3mph around a corner. It gets REALLY annoying.

Never had a tracking issue on the freeway. Going around turns at 25+ you can feel the rear end push and ratchet back in, but it snaps back smoothly enough.

But, This isn't an E30 I'm speaking of.
              \/ It's that car. Sees less road time than track time at the moment.
              I found the E30 on a welded to be really consistent, honestly. It didn't ever snap oversteer unless I was greatly exceeding the speed limit. The first time I drove it any distance was actually to the track, in the rain.

The tracking issues I had was from a 1" groove in the road that would only be on one tire, if it shot off from straight, the car would grab it and want to follow. And yeah, the car shuddering is definitely annoying, my car would hop up and down. It's horrible, ahah.

Comment

Yeah. It's consistent. WAY more consistent than an open diff for tracking and playing. You never really know what wheel will decide to do 2 bazillion RPMS and light up with an open diff. It's the same for the old S12. You have an educated guess of the inside tire, but that's not always correct.

But, my S12 is SRA, not IRS. So it's handling characteristics with a welded are going to be a little different with the 4link. Snap oversteer is it's way of life.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

ive always had fun driving cars with welded diffs, had to be careful in the rain daily driving. Drifting on a welded is interesting tho. Full lock all the time makes for some crazy didnt mean to do that slides haha

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                  Ig:ryno_pzk
                  I like the tuna here.
                  Originally posted by lambo
                  Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

I'm right handed and I like left turns ;)

Comment

http://drifting.urbanup.com/5369711

LAWL!

Had to post it.
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

How to aim one's car at a wall and miss it completely; drifting is the opposite of grip driving, which involves taking a corner without sliding.
                        :rofl:
                        Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
                        Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
                        Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                        Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

as it will have a sudden spike in epic if done correctly.

Originally posted by Roysneon
                          $5 shipped?
                          Originally posted by MarkD
                          You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

At first wasn't comfortable with right turns but after my first event I no longer notice. No power steering either.

I drove an SR20 240 with an welded diff, fuck that mess.
                            Wrecking cars, closing bars.

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

Comment

If anyone here skis or snowboards and laps the park the drift left/right drift is the same direction you would prefer to slide a rail, or spin.
                              r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X