Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saab museum--everything for sale (Warning! Non-e30 content!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saab museum--everything for sale (Warning! Non-e30 content!)

The whole Saab museum has been put up for sale following the bankruptcy.

Learn more about Breaking Story: 120-Car Saab Factory Museum Bankruptcy Sell-Off on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

The SAAB Museum at Trollhättan is the best car company museum in the world, it not only had an example of every model (exept one) that carried the company name but also all the prototype and test cars. I made my first visit there on a SAAB Car Club trip in 1988 and have been back regularly ever since. By far the best visit was the one in May 1993 when with a friend who knew the then curator Pella Rudh we had a private viewing of the places the public never got to see, my wife even got chance to sit in her favourite car. After a very uncertain future at the end of 2011 when the collection was due to be sold off it was retained and now operates as a commercial museum. You can help by joining the "Friends of the museum" and also by paying your entrance fee and visiting this fine collection of SAABs history.
    sigpic
    -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

sucks to see this stuff close down hopefully it doesnt so I can check it out one day
    95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
    Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
    LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Good luck getting parts to fix those damn things if someone decides to drive them, ever.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I smell a Jay Leno shopping spree.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

That's disappointing. However, I can't help but chuckle at the banner outside "A new era has begun".
          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
            Good luck getting parts to fix those damn things if someone decides to drive them, ever.
            Buy them all so you can drive one.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by JinormusJ
            Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
            1989 325is Raged on then sold.
            1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
            1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
            1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
              Buy them all so you can drive one.
              I would die, or at least develop a rash, from coming in contact with a SAAB. I handle the parts with gloves, not my bare hands.

Comment

Odd...i didnt see any jets.

Tough going for Saab.

COTM

Comment

Pretty sure people don't buy museum pieces to use as a daily driver ;)
                  sigpic
                  -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Originally posted by priapism View Post
                    Pretty sure people don't buy museum pieces to use as a daily driver ;)
                    I wouldn't DD it. I'd still drive it. Cars are meant to be driven. If you love a car, you will drive it.

Comment

some of the really old school ones are nice! I'd rock a couple - debadge & engine swap, could do some wonders for a beautiful body!
                      stephenbrody.com

Comment

its so sad seeing all this stuff get selling
                        *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Wish I could go pick up a classic 900 turbo. Damn this is sad.
                          I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                          Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                            That's disappointing. However, I can't help but chuckle at the banner outside "A new era has begun".
                            Yea I let out a cruel chuckle as well.

Comment

Saabs are cool, I love them. A family friend has 260,000 miles on his v-4 95

Comment

Working...
                              X