Yes, you read right. A Porsche 959, in the flesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh-

Was this 959 a Sport or a Comfort edition? I know one of the two were made in fewer numbers....just not sure which one.

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i
      Josh-

Was this 959 a Sport or a Comfort edition? I know one of the two were made in fewer numbers....just not sure which one.

Jon
      It was a Sport, it had a little sign in the window, stating info about the car.

Comment

that thing is tight. I like it better in the silver. a set of wheels would completely change the look of those cars. Those wheels are probably tight, but I just don't like them. either way those are cool cars.

Comment

I saw that car a few years ago in Beaverton. I dropped a duce when I saw it too. Such a rad car. I think this one belongs to that one guy with all the Ferraris in Lake Oswego. I always forget his name!

Comment

Originally posted by Cone
            I saw that car a few years ago in Beaverton. I dropped a duce when I saw it too. Such a rad car. I think this one belongs to that one guy with all the Ferraris in Lake Oswego. I always forget his name!
            The guy who owns Hollywood Video? I know he has some dope Ferrari's; I've seen him in an F40.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

wow that is a beautiful car. Check out that widebody. twinturbo I6= lots of fun!

Mike

Comment

My contribution. I spotted this thing in a parking lot in Nurburg, Germany (yes...that little town where the ring is). I had no idea what it was but thought it looked pretty nifty so I took a few pics.

Comment

The car does nothing for me either...

On a side note, Sunriver is nice, I was there last summer on vacation.
                  Originally posted by Simon S
                  When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

yea doesnt really do anything for me as well. looks like a cartoon car.
                    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by screamingbmwe30
                      looks like a semi from the back without the wing. certainly not a porsche fan. fucking pieces of shit. btw trent, did you ever install that x5 3.0 shifter. im looking for one thats a bit taller
                      Without the wing, it looks like a 993 or 964 with a widebody.

Originally posted by herragge
                      wow that is a beautiful car. Check out that widebody. twinturbo I6= lots of fun!

Mike
                      TT H-6, but close enough.
                      The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

The car doesn't do anything for you guys because your not Porsche enthusiasts. The car is nothing close to a 930, at which time it was built. At the time it was built, the fastest car in America, the Ferrari F40, did 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds. This car came out, with a production limited to 200 cars, and did 0-60 in 3.9sec, and had lines that todays standards still look new. Most BMW guys are square car guys, including myself. We like the looks of a boxier car, such as the E30, specifically the E30 M3. But when you step back and look at a car like this, the lines on it are so beautiful and flowing, its like the perfect woman. If BMW came out with an AWD, 350hp, widebody E30 derivative, that did 0-60 in 4 seconds...I bet money everyone on this board would bow down to it. There aren't many supercars today that can keep up to yet, let alone only costing 200k. Enzo is as fast as it, but 4 times the price. Carrera GT is a tad slower, and twice the price. Mercedes SLR is a hair slower, and twice the price. I have ridden in all the cars listed except the Enzo, including a 959, and I can tell you it would give your Carrera GT, SLR, or F430 a run for its money any day. Also considering the fact that your chances of owning one are 1/200 make it pretty special.

Porsche is the pinnacle of German cars. Its essentially a step up from BMW, and until you own or drive one, you will never understand.

Wes

Comment

Yeah, but can you IMAGINE how hard it must be to find parts for it? :)

Just kidding - who the FUCK cares. If and when I ever have enough money for two supercars (M1 first) then this will be it.

Comment

Originally posted by whakiewes
                            The car doesn't do anything for you guys because your not Porsche enthusiasts. The car is nothing close to a 930, at which time it was built. At the time it was built, the fastest car in America, the Ferrari F40, did 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds. This car came out, with a production limited to 200 cars, and did 0-60 in 3.9sec, and had lines that todays standards still look new. Most BMW guys are square car guys, including myself. We like the looks of a boxier car, such as the E30, specifically the E30 M3. But when you step back and look at a car like this, the lines on it are so beautiful and flowing, its like the perfect woman. If BMW came out with an AWD, 350hp, widebody E30 derivative, that did 0-60 in 4 seconds...I bet money everyone on this board would bow down to it. There aren't many supercars today that can keep up to yet, let alone only costing 200k. Enzo is as fast as it, but 4 times the price. Carrera GT is a tad slower, and twice the price. Mercedes SLR is a hair slower, and twice the price. I have ridden in all the cars listed except the Enzo, including a 959, and I can tell you it would give your Carrera GT, SLR, or F430 a run for its money any day. Also considering the fact that your chances of owning one are 1/200 make it pretty special.

Porsche is the pinnacle of German cars. Its essentially a step up from BMW, and until you own or drive one, you will never understand.

Wes
                            You speak my mind except for the last two sentences. Both cars are at the pinnacle of German design, and each is designed as a driver's car that people dream of owning one day and tearing through the twisties in. Ferrari shares that same idea, except they design them to tear it up around a track. Now, Mercedes is a step down from Porsche.

Comment

no, he's right, porsche is the pinnacle of german automobile-dom.
                              sigpic

Comment

Porsche >> BMW

IMHO, BMW winning history pales in comparison to Porsche's. That is, if you at least look at Le Mans victories. Sure, the M3 was the most winning-est touring car, yada yada blah, but in the world of sports car racing, Porsche is completely dominant.
                                San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X