Big brake options...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big brake options...

I know this has been brought up before and that their are threds about his but i dont feel any thred has really answered and of the important questions

What companies make big brake kits for the 4lug e30??? movit, IE, anyone else?and where can you buy these kits from???

What is the best kit from a performance standpoint??? what are the stats??? anyone have any personal expirence???

What are my options??? im in the market for big brakes as i feel it is the last mod that i need before i can seriously consider an engine swap... thanx for any help i can get with my big brake selection
    e30sport.net
    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

sorry, I just realized you already saw this thread...

Comment

..just a little add-in : Don't forget wilwood as a source. Some aftermarket retailers use Wilwood. Try visit their site or email them asking who they supply with parts.

The e32 7 series mastery cyl upgrade along with SS lines and a good selection of rotors and pads is equally good and most people who track their cars use this setup or close to this. Just some food for thought....

If you really want to go with the big brake kit and see a susp. swap to 5 lug in the future, save your money for that first then move on to the brakes. Based on the research I have done, its purely a matter of choice as to whether you really do NEED a BBK regardless of what motor you have underneath the hood. Driving style has to do with it a lot, alongside other factors. For feedback, ask Vlad who posts here, he has the wilwood kit...

HTH

Comment

You mentioned nearly all of them....so I'll just add RPI-Equipped...a VW tuner that has a BBK for the E30 using Wilwood components....looks very good and it's next on the list for me ;)

Comment

I believe Apex and Brembo also offer 4 lug BBK's.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

you could always make your own kit using whatever calipers you wanted. Porsche 944 Turbo binders are big cheap and easy to find. Also, big reds aren't that expensive if you're not buying a kit...

Like this (Boxster monoblock calipers)

I dont know shit about it though[/list]
              BEERTECH

Comment

Recently I saw a Wilwood calipers kit oofered for ours E30s it's from RPI Equipped, stamped with his own logo on it ...the kit cost #834 or so....included of corse the caliper holder plate...we should look for the caliper in wilwood and then buy separatly or just make one claier holder...I wouldn't pay tha sume for that kit anyways!
                Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

i would be interested in making my own kit using porshe turbo calipers however i dont know where i would ever get rotors made that would fit the calipers and the car(obviously they would need ot be custom made)
                  ... however i would love a kit like the one rob posted in that pic

i cant find the apex or the brembo kit anywhere so does anyone have a link???

swapping to 5 lug is out of the question since i see the swap as useless... im just trying to find out what brake kit is the best or if it at all possable for me to construct my own kit.. thanx again for any help i could get
                  e30sport.net
                  '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                  '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                  '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

you'd want to get multipiece rotors so that you could use a hat that is the proper fitment for your car, or something like that.
                    BEERTECH

Comment

The IE kits are first class. The kit for 17" wheels, 330mm I believe, uses Mustang Cobra calipers and pads, which are fairly light and have a lot of surface area. The rotors are simply...sex. 2 piece, very wide, extremely high quality. I inspected them closely on my friend Nick's E30.

You can piece together a Wilwood kit. A local friend has them on his E30, but he says there are limited wheels you can use. The Borbet Type T (NLA), is the only one he could find that clear his calipers, with having enough offset so he doesn't eat his fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Mc
                        The Borbet Type T (NLA), is the only one he could find that clear his calipers, with having enough offset so he doesn't eat his fenders.
                        8) Cool. This makes my wheels more valuable, . Of course, only Ted needs bigger brakes.......

Comment

How does IE deal with new rotors? I mean BBK are a large investment, and the rotors do wear out sooner or later.

Im curious what they charge for just the rotor.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                          https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Yes, IE sells replacement rotors.

Obviously, any 13" rotor isn't cheap.

Comment

man thats picture of the e30 with the porche caliper is HOT!!! Pure sex man....

Comment

Working...
                              X