No announcement yet.

Big brake options...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys i was searching online there seems to be a few places that will make custom calipers and even custom big brake kits

the general rule for wheel size based on rotor size is minus 4 inches

18-4=14 so thats one big ass rotor.

if you do a google search for custom bbk's or custom rotors you'll find some interesting stuff, but i think the best overall route is to piece them together on your own, more work but you can save a lot of money.

are the big reds six piston? is there any reason for getting six piston brakes? i mean wilwood has some nice four piston light weight brakes that will probably stop you on a dime as is. big reds cost like 300 something six piston wilwoods also about 300.

the rpi kit says it reduces upsprung weight by 25 lbs or something like that which is a good amount. this kit uses the wilwood calipers which you can get for like 120 bucks online.

anyway thats all i came up with today.

off topic my brakes seem to be leakin a little bit of brake fluid...anyone know what might cause this and where i should check for leaks.

Comment

i was assuming a bracket and smaller rotor at the absolute minimum, but other people are talking about using other porsche brakes w/ adapters... so i'm not too far off
      Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
      '99 M3 / Track Car
      '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
      '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

I didn't know any Porsche came with 4 bolt wheels, my roommates 944 even came with 5 bolt. The 11.8 would be really nice, what are the best places to look for 4 piston calipers and what cars come stock with 4-piston calipers?

DrMcDave - Check your brake lines for any signs of leakage and your master/slave cylinder as those would be most likely culprits.

Comment

Working...
        X