F1 News: Ferrari's new ride for '04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 News: Ferrari's new ride for '04

Here's the news link from the BBC. The car is undergoing final testing now and has its offcial unveiling on Jan. 26th.

Link:
    BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, Sport Online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

I am looking forward to next season, after seeing McL, Williams, and Ferrari's new designs.

I used to not be really into F1, but after hearing my brother talk about it, there's just so much involved in it. Very cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Mc
      I am looking forward to next season, after seeing McL, Williams, and Ferrari's new designs.

I used to not be really into F1, but after hearing my brother talk about it, there's just so much involved in it. Very cool stuff.
      Yeah, your brother's pretty into it. My dad doesn't miss a race.
      -Ted

Comment

I hope Ferrari wins,
        I have been watching since ´96 or so,,

I hope everybody undestands that when toyota takes part it´s only a matter of a short time until they run the show, it has happened in all of there motorsport ventures,
        It´s taking a little more time as they had to build a team from start,

Expect Toyota to start running closer to the top this year,

I once calculated the stroke and diameter in the engines and the stroke and piston area, bore is 110mm and stroke 30mm, that is like 7 or 8 CD stacked on eachother, that is almost how one F1 cylender bore looks like, when you look at such a horrible cylender bore it´s very hard for them to make a good squish area, that is one of the reasons they have problems with higher then 19500rpms
        Gunni
        @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

Originally posted by gstuning
          I hope everybody undestands that when toyota takes part it´s only a matter of a short time until they run the show, it has happened in all of there motorsport ventures,
          It´s taking a little more time as they had to build a team from start,

Expect Toyota to start running closer to the top this year,

I once calculated the stroke and diameter in the engines and the stroke and piston area, bore is 110mm and stroke 30mm, that is like 7 or 8 CD stacked on eachother, that is almost how one F1 cylender bore looks like, when you look at such a horrible cylender bore it´s very hard for them to make a good squish area, that is one of the reasons they have problems with higher then 19500rpms

I am extremely interested to see Toyota's performance in NASCAR next year. I am interested to see what they can develop for a 358ci pushrod V8, and what "body" they will run.

Regarding the calculations, the bore size is way off. Look at how compact the engines are and how short the heads/blocks are length-wise.

"The bore size is probably closer to 60-70mm, and the stroke more like 40-50mm....though the numbers are unknown--the teams do not display that information." -Alex Mc

On a different note, here is a great pic my brother sent me that really shows the difference in front-end designs between the '04 McLaren and '04 Williams.

Comment

Toyota's going to be on a short leash with the FIA this next year. This nonsense with the industial espionage of ferrari has gotten them into a lot of trouble, the fact that most of it was traced back to the same team that ran the Toytota WRC program that got banned for cheating didn't help their image either.

As for their nascar efforts, Toyota is running a "tundra" in the Nascar Craftsman truck series this year, with an alleged Winston (Nextel) cup program for 2007. So far at tests, they've been about a second off the pace of the all conquering dodge teams.

-Charlie
            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
            FYYFF

Comment

Sauber let its cat out of the bag yesterday. What's interesting about their car for 2004 is that they're sharing the same Ferrari engine/gearbox components as the world champion boys in red will be using for 2004. Hmmm.....

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, Sport Online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Jon
              Rides...
              1991 325i - sold :(
              2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Working...
              X