Its official: f20 (1 series) will come Front wheel Drive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GillesBigCowboy
    replied
    If this helps to ensure that I always live near a BMW parts dealer, it's a good thing.

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by Janderson
    My butt is just fine.

    I've been part of these forums and this community for the better part of 10 years. EVERY TIME a new model BMW comes out, these threads run rampant. And they're pretty much word-for-word the same thing every time. It gets boring.

    Sarcasm does not equal insults.
    Then don't click or post in them, much easier than getting involved/insulting people that honestly might make a SHIT TON. Just a username on a forum for shit old BMWs does not mean they cannot afford a new BMW. I honestly don't care for anything after the e46 but I do like to read news on what BMW is doing. EVEN if it comes in the form of an angry thread about a FWD BMW with a new number that goes out of out normal series(4lol).

    So I guess what I am getting at is why insult people with saying they work in fast food? YOU drive a POS old BMW and any new E90 M3 owner would laugh at because they only care about new. That is the world we live in, no matter how nice an old car is, it is just an old car.

    Try this out: get 5 BMW drivers(newer than e36) to wave at you. then jump into a Subaru and just drive and I will bet you 100.00 that the Subie people wave even if you don't do shit. Drove my exes Subaru sport wagon and got waves all day without me doing jack. Drive my slammed tastefully modded e30 and wave at every BMW owner and I NEVER get a response.

    Oh and the old people in their e30s never wave too. So yeah, we drive/mod a car that old people DD and broke ass kids buy as first cars because they are cheap as fuck.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZinnoBerrotEta
    replied
    Originally posted by Janderson
    I love these threads.

    Are any of you planning on buying one on your Subway sandwich artist salary? No? Then quit your god damn crying. They're not marketed toward you. If BMW even gave a damn if any of you were going to buy one, they still wouldn't care, because you're not the market.

    All this "BMW has lost their way" BS is so tired and annoying. You weren't even the market when BMW hadn't "lost their way" when your car was designed and built. Most of you weren't even born yet.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. Well said, sir!

    Leave a comment:


  • atmobenzin
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    fuck bmws
    This

    Leave a comment:


  • profbooty
    replied
    Originally posted by Janderson
    I love these threads.

    Are any of you planning on buying one on your Subway sandwich artist salary? No? Then quit your god damn crying. They're not marketed toward you. If BMW even gave a damn if any of you were going to buy one, they still wouldn't care, because you're not the market.

    All this "BMW has lost their way" BS is so tired and annoying. You weren't even the market when BMW hadn't "lost their way" when your car was designed and built. Most of you weren't even born yet.

    I was born before these cars were designed. I bought an e46 M3 brand new back in 2003, planned on doing euro delivery until I found out that they didn't do the ED discount for M cars at the time. Got to go to munich evenutally...

    Anyways, the only car in BMW's current lineup I would buy would be a 1.28 or possibly a z4. The driving experience in the newer cars is still quite good, but I can't spend BMW money on an ugly car and there is not much of a reason that any car should be ugly. Likewise the german's have never been great at electronics (but not Lucas: Prince of Darkness either, which y'all may know if you were ever into british cars). I tend to keep cars a long time and enjoy turning a wrench on them, due to being an engineer. Can't really do that with the newer models.

    Hey I'm in the minority. Plenty of people will purchase these cars not knowing or caring that they are FWD.

    Leave a comment:


  • leothedrummer
    replied
    My next DD will be an F20 118i. I don't expect I'd ever buy a 1-series GT, but that is for reasons other than which end the power goes to.

    Leave a comment:


  • tttoon
    replied
    uhh, I think we're overreacting a little? The only thing FWD is gonna be an F20 GT thing, a crossover of some kind (like a smaller X3). The regular one series is still going to be RWD. It makes sense if they design the GT with maybe AWD in mind (and mini commonality) that the cheaper models at least are going to be FWD. No one will buy a 1 series GT for the driving experience, and the regular F20 is still capable of producing a new 1M.

    Leave a comment:


  • Irish1
    replied
    And there WILL be a 2 series with RWD to soothe the feelings of the FWD haters. Newer Minis will share the FWD 1 Series components so there will be cost-efficient commonality. FWD is a great way to increase interior space and decrease weight. Not MY choice for sweet handling but there's BMW rationale here.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Sure it's lame, but I can guarantee you when the E30 was new it surely wasn't marketed toward us either. With that said, I wouldn't see myself getting into one of these 15 years down the road.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by acolella76
    ITT: Janderson mad
    No mad!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cletonius
    replied
    I can't believe how pissed you all are over this. It's a "sports van." Soccer moms can now roll in a BMW minivan in style. It's WWD because it's for getting groceries.

    Leave a comment:


  • acolella76
    replied
    ITT: Janderson mad

    Leave a comment:


  • 100sFakeSupreme
    replied
    flat sides w/ creased accent body curves (audi's ideas of LED futuristic head/tail light designs) & newer technology for todays moderized market like new camrys w/ paddle shifters LMAO. its quite alot to take in for an enthusiast. & FWD in BMW is just dissapointing.

    all this car is about in the industry of compact-sporty-sedan thats roomy sells today so something like this is expected but very sad & kinda cool to read about.

    no true spirit or soul in the new cars today "not all but most are like this"

    Leave a comment:


  • e30e
    replied
    "Ramble Ramble Ramble Ra Ra bmw should start making the e30 again ramble ramble ra ra"


    "ya but with a s54 in it! ra ra!"

    Leave a comment:


  • DREWHALL
    replied
    We have a new E21 hood sitting in parts for some reason. It's been there in stock with the others for a long time. It is covered in a couple years worth of dust.

    Leave a comment:

Working...