e36 compairable to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 compairable to...

My buddy had a mk3 VR, with full exhaust, chip and an intake. Im just wondering if the power/speed of that car would be compairable to a non m 6 cyl E36. I dont want to shell out for an M3, dj equip calls me.

I bombed Korea every night.

thought you wanted a z3?

Comment

I'm not sure but I think a 5 speed 328is would stomp all over the VW. plus it's RWD..
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Get a 318 and swap in a m50~ it will save you money in the end (initial cost + insurance)

Comment

Get a 318 and swap in a m50~ it will save you money in the end (initial cost + insurance)

no bad idea

Comment

Thats what I did, I love it!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KangamangusDriver
              Thats what I did, I love it!!!!!!

How much did you actualy save? I dont want to have that much downtime on it. As for the z3 comment, im just shopping around for a car for this summer.

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

I agree with getting the Z3 they are actually nice cars. I love roadsters.

Comment

hmmm, i think the 328 or even an e36 325 would stomp all over that solid rear axel...fuckin "twist beam" they handle like shit... hell i have smoked the crap outta vr6 mkIII jettas in with my 2.7 "i" m20... my car weighs about the same if not a little less than they do...

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

I dont have the exact numbers in front of me. I had the M42 engine and decided it was time for more power. I did the swap myself in my drive way. It took quite some time, but was well worth it.

The engine is completely stock and I have smoked my friends VR6 Jetta.
                    Mind you both vehicles are stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Werksmini
                      How much did you actualy save? I dont want to have that much downtime on it. As for the z3 comment, im just shopping around for a car for this summer.
                      He did it into an e30, if I understand your direction... you are looking to use an e36 chassis, correct?

e36's are crap. complete crap.
                      spend the $$ and get a 323i e46. much better car.
                      Below the radar...

Comment

Working...
                      X