smart start/interlock problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smart start/interlock problems

A buddy of mine had to have one installed on his 04 Jetta. He owned the car a little over two years before having the ignition lock installed. Ever since he has had nothing but problems. For one his trip meter and stereo presets reset every time he turns off the key. And second he keeps having a parasitic drain kill his battery. I have replaced his alternator and the Power distribution unit (stereo wire melted it) and he has a new battery. I'm not posting this on answers for how to fix the drain, I'm wondering if these assholes can be billed for there faulty work after I fix the drain. My friend says theres nothing he can do but if these guys are "authorized installers" then I believe there is a certain standard to be held thus leaving them responsible for any faulty work. I cant stand to see shops push the little guy around cause they think they cant do anything. I want my buddy to be reimbursed for all the unnecessary work that has had to be done because of their poor installation (mostly I'm tired of him calling me pissed off about his car). Anything and everything helps guys thank for lookin!

My head hurts now

Comment

U never mentioned who did the work. I'm going to say no for the fact that you can not bill no one.
      Originally posted by Lof8
      4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
      therefore, their value is much greater.
      Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Sounds to me like a classic case of an ill advised modification to the car. Rip it out, revert to the OE configuration, and go from there.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
          Sounds to me like a classic case of an ill advised modification to the car. Rip it out, revert to the OE configuration, and go from there.
          That might be against his probation.

Comment

They installed it. Sorry for the long winded message I was on a phone and in a rush.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrone30 View Post
              They installed it.

who is this ellusive "they"
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

probably have to take it back to them, whoever they are. let them deal with it. and in the future, dont drink and drive. could've avoided the problem to begin with. when i had one, i let them install it in my A1 Jetta, but wouldnt let them near the E34 M5. If I was driving my M5 around, I would just rip out the blow-n-go from the Jetta, along with its wire and it would appear legit. thank God thats in the past.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by homegrone30 View Post
                  installed on his 04 Jetta.
                  Well there's your problem. Not making a joke either.
                  Newer model VW electrical systems are really, really fucked up.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Yeah Ive worked on a few of em. Seems like I had a dome light pop a fuse and in turn created a no start condition. As stated before its not my car. I realize not drinking and driving saves people from this situation duh. The car is going back to them today. But if they dont fix the problem Im trying to figure out if theres a way my friend gets to make them cover the bill. As he does not have the money to keep paying for repairs.

Comment

Smart start/interlock as the title states

Comment

Working...
                      X