diff cover question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diff cover question

well i got my z3 diff cover with all the accessorys a whille back and im finally getting a chance to install it and im wondering... am i gona have to take the whole diff out again or can i just swap the covers without taking it out. just from looking at it, it looks like im gona run into the spare tire holder butttt ya never know.

o yea, and its an 87 325is with a 4.10lsd
    98 M3/4/5

You can swap with it in the car still.
    Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Why did you get the finned cover? Its been prooven that even on track machines driven to the brink they barely make any difference.

Certainly on a street machine its a $175 hunk of "all show"

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
        It was $140 worth of all show to me. The best thing was having the salesguys at baron having to eat thier words when they got on thier knees and saw it after saying it wouldnt fit.

You can do the diff cover in place, its just kinda tight.
        Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

Why did you get the finned cover? Its been prooven that even on track machines driven to the brink they barely make any difference.

i got the the z3 cover because when i got my 4.10 shipped to me ups broke off most of the fins and bent the drain "smoke stack". so i took it up with ups and thy gave me 200$ to buy another cover, so i figured, hell why not get a z3.
          98 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37

i got the the z3 cover because when i got my 4.10 shipped to me ups broke off most of the fins and bent the drain "smoke stack". so i took it up with ups and thy gave me 200$ to buy another cover, so i figured, hell why not get a z3.
            You mean M coupe diff cover right?
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
            X