Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100 Most Beautiful Cars of All Time (by Edmunds Inside Line)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Most Beautiful Cars of All Time (by Edmunds Inside Line)

This is a few days late, but Inside Line posted their list of 100 most beautiful cars ever made:

Our favorite marque made the list 4 times:
    #96 E39 M5
    #94 E38
    #81 E52
    #67 E9

Can't say I agree with the entire list or the order for that matter. Discuss!

There is only one or two actual pretty cars in the top 10, z28 isn't pretty it's bad ass but not pretty; same with the lambos.
    1985 BMW 325e
    1997 BMW M3/4/5
    2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

#73...there was one in a backwoods yard locally.

It's probably longggg gone by now.

#1, my all time favorite since I was a kiddo.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

countach as number 1? nah mayne. I don't think so.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
          Yeah...it's not a beautiful car...it's a cool car.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

As with anything utterly subjective, a list like this offers all sorts of room for criticism. At the very least, it does provide a lot of eye candy, regardless of whether you agree with this or that car being included on the list. That being said, I have a couple of self-indulgent points:

1) I think it's odd to include several iterations of the same platform (i.e. multiple examples of the traditional 911, both '70s versions of the Camaro/Firebird, etc.)
            2) Would have expected to see more post-war British sports cars like the Austin-Healy 100-4/6 or the MGA, for instance -- beautiful cars by any standard.
            3) Always go back and forth whether the E9 or the (Euro-version) E24 is the better-looking car. Both beauties, to be sure.
            4) About time somebody recognized the understated elegance of the E38, especially the short-wheelbase version. Hard to imagine a better-looking four-door car.
            5) Don't think the E31 (8 series) gets the respect it deserves. Very cool car with unique and, to my eye, timeless styling.

I could go on and on but I have work to do. Great day to all.

P.S. The remark about the Countach being a cool car as opposed to a beautiful one? Agreed, and I think that same comment applies to several vehicles on the list (the Audi Quattro Sport, for example).
            ainadude
            Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

1991 325i 2dr. 5sp, delphin, w/freshly re-skinned IS sport seats/15" Ronal cross-spokes

1976 Triumph Spitfire w/1.8-liter Miata engine/transmission, koa dash with TR6 oil/volt gauges, lowered suspension, 14" Minilite replicas and more

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

E-Type back at #7?? And where was the DB7? I agree with the guy that mentioned the lack of British sports cars. They are some of the most consistantly pretty cars made.

Oh, and where was the Alfa 8C? That's easily in my top 10.

Comment

Land Rover Defender 90!

"The Camry is an appliance, not a car. It attracts folks who have the same regard for driving that they have for washing dishes,
                i.e. it's a necessary but somewhat unpleasant chore and they want something to make the task a little easier and insulate them from the process."
                 - my friend, Número Veintiséis

Comment

Those modern Audis? Sure, buddy.

Comment

E9 was my first love. Still plan to have one...

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
                      Depends, there's a pretty distinct difference between a '74

And the US-market 80's-tastic model that most of us are used to.

-Charlie
                      Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                      '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                      FYYFF

Comment

That is just a list of 100 cars. I didn't even see a DB5 on the list, but they did have a 300zx. LOL

Comment

The Miura SV is the only beautiful car I saw.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

...also, in before Y U NO PICK ETHIRTYYYY!?!?!?
                            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

list is broken... missing the Zonda Tricolor. enough said!
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                              X