Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100 Most Beautiful Cars of All Time (by Edmunds Inside Line)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....annd missing TVR Cerbera.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

i disagree with this list a lot. No Audi is not prettier than the Ferrari F40. And I was surprised no Ferrari Testarossa. IMO thats way more beautiful than the Countach.
      '84 325e - "Elizabeth"
      '87 325e (SHELL) - "Sleeping Beauty" - COMPLETE PROJECT PART-OUT - S54, 5-LUG, and MORE

sigpic

Comment

So they think a 65 gto is more beautiful than any alfa ever made?

Makes sense considering they think a land rover defender is better looking then a carrera gt

Comment

the best looking car on the road is the last generation celica gts.

Comment

BS list. Wasted my time on this one.

Comment

Yeah, I agree, the list is pretty lacking. Yes, there are some beautiful cars on there, but honestly, there are some real dogs. In my book any of the '50s and 60s GM and Fords are pretty ugly. Sure, they are icons of the time, but if you compared a 57 Chevy or thunderbird to say a '57 Alfa 750 Sprint, or Spider, well, the Alfa's win hands down. The same with many of the same period from Maserati, especially their race cars of the time (I'll exclude the Birdcages however, they are a little homely.) They missed the Lamborghini Islero as well. Its not quite as nice looking as a Muria, but its still a very sharp looking car. Moving forward a Decade, the Alfa GTV is a beautiful car. The Jag XJC (two door XJ6 or 12) is quite the looker as are the 3.4, 3.6 and 3.8L saloons that preceded the XJ series. The Audi/ Auto Union streemliners are also pretty stunning in person.

I think the E30 M3 should have made it if both the Lancia Stratos, and the Audi UR Quattro made it in. When you step back and look at a clean stock e30 M3, its aggressive, yet still very elegant along the same lines as a Japanese Kitana Sword. I'd also pic an e28 M5 over an e34 or 39 as the better looking car.

I do find it interesting that the Nissan z31 300ZX made the list and a Toyota Supra of the same generation did not. Z31s are cool but a hard top Supra of the same time period is just as good looking.

The 2012 Ford Fusion? Really? Who got paid off for that plug? I'll call that a fail. There are a lot of mundane cars on that list that shouldn't be there.

Will
              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Just from skimming down the list, I have a feeling whoever came up with it is at least twice my age.

Comment

WTF no e30?!
                  This list is crap
                  Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

^ best post.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

#3, game over

Originally posted by vlad
                      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

98. 2009 Volkswagen CC: The sleek coupe styling you want in a popularly priced everyday sedan. Low nose, raked windshield, arrowlike windows and a tapered tail. "A sex machine for the family man."

FUcking retarded...edmunds trying too hard to be cool
                        Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                        http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Here is my choice. 1921 Rolls Royce with a copper body and mahogany trim
                          Attached Files

Comment

The 90s sports cars are highly underrepresented. No NSX, No supra, no Ferrari 575 and the FD and viper GTS should have been much higher.

Also, whats with the Japanese hate? I saw like 5 japanese cars total. What about cars like the 70s celica fastbacks, honda S2000, 2nd gen MR2 and R34 GTR ?
                            Last edited by LivingLegend06; 03-01-2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

lol @ all the 70's brick buicks. Fucking gross. E30 doesn't deserve to be on the list. It's windows are disproportionate from the body. It's like a midget with a huge head.

Comment

Originally posted by Chruby99 View Post
                                Here is my choice. 1921 Rolls Royce with a copper body and mahogany trim
                                I agree, that should have made the list hands down. I'll go one up on you however. 1924 Hispano Suiza H6C Tulpwood speedster.

I've seen one of these in person and they are stunning.

I'm not sure why the links don't show. If you click on them and open in a new page, they do.

Will
                                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X