roof chrome trim reinstallation help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roof chrome trim reinstallation help!

for the life of me I cannot get the chrome trim that goes one the roof's reinstalled after having my car painted.

From the mirrors up to to where the pinch welds being, The chrome trim will not bite!

I started by inserting the trim from top to bottom and try to pull it down so that it overbites but it won't catch! I put a dent on my roof already trying to do this :curse:

anyone any advice is welcome!

a dent in your fresh paint? omfg. you must be raging so hard. :( sorry bud.

i slide it on, iirc.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

thanks for the condolence. what do u mean by slide?

Comment

no i guess im remembering it wrong. i think it should just hook into place.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

you need to have the trim horizonal and pop it down on the roof lip, then twist it down onto the A pillar. hard to explain, but once you figure it out, its easy.

Comment

there are steel clips with "teeth" on them in the A-pillar portion (next to the windshield) that bite into the painted drip rail. The points of the teeth rust or get rounded off when you take the trim on and off- or just with age, and they don't bite like they do when new.

I don't know if you can get these clips new or not, but if you can, that should really help your problem.

Comment

Working...
            X