I broke my transmission's penis

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BrownBeanE30
    replied
    Originally posted by evandael
    drill it out.

    also, voted for gheyest thread title for second quarter 2012
    hahahaha sooo true

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • acolella76
    replied
    Originally posted by ohthejosh
    The cat in acolella's sig is expressing his disgust at the mangina bolts ;)
    That 'cat' is actually me, and in the picture I am making a face that I commonly make while on r3v

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    The cat in acolella's sig is expressing his disgust at the mangina bolts ;)

    LOL sidenote, the Sagaris quote brings back horrible memories of highschool tests.

    I have a transmission question maybe someone can answer, would a g240 work with my b27 or is there some modification needed to make it work properly.

    Leave a comment:


  • acolella76
    replied
    Your transmission is crooked in the trans tunnel? That is definitely your problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brandon12V
    replied
    Good luck.
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...45&hg=23&fg=15


    Edit: wait this isnt even a g260? Replace that poopy trans, lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    You sire have too much powah for that e30 to handle.

    Fix: Swap to M10 pronto.

    On a srs note, 8.7 is awfully close to 8.8....I would have bumped up to da next level shit.
    10.8, that next level shit.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    It is cause my trans brace is a bit crooked........
    Answered your own question for you there.

    Since there's no U-joint on the front of the driveshaft, if it is crooked, it WILL break shit.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    WAIT- Dudes before this turns into a mangina thread

    on RealOEM, it says that the guibo bolts for a G240 are class 8.8 Bolts
    I'm running an M50 swap

    Why am I shearing through class 8.8 Bolts? Mine are class 8.8 Bolts from my local hardware store.
    According to Sagaris here..


    So why is this happening? Is it cause my trans brace is a bit crooked........
    You sire have too much powah for that e30 to handle.

    Fix: Swap to M10 pronto.

    On a srs note, 8.7 is awfully close to 8.8....I would have bumped up to da next level shit.

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    WAIT- Dudes before this turns into a mangina thread

    on RealOEM, it says that the guibo bolts for a G240 are class 8.8 Bolts
    I'm running an M50 swap

    Why am I shearing through class 8.8 Bolts? Mine are class 8.8 Bolts from my local hardware store.
    According to Sagaris here..
    Originally posted by Sagaris
    For single shear with (6) bolts at a threaded diameter of 10 mm. Assume your engine output is 200 ft-lb of torque for calculations sake (271 Nm). Multiply that by a Getrag 260's first gear ratio of 3.83 to give a max torque of 1038 Nm. Suppose the distance between the centerline of the flex-disk to the centerline of the bolt is 30 mm (0.030 m) gives a force of 34,600 N divided by (6) bolts = 5767 N per bolt.

    The shear stress on one bolt would be Force/area with an area of
    pi*0.005 m^2 = 7.9x10^-5 m^2
    Shear stress = F/a = 5767 N / 7.9x10^-5 m^2 = 73,000,000 N/m^2 = 73x10^6 Pa = 73 MPa

    The yield strength of a class 8.8 bolt from http://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/Materials-and-Grades/Bolt-Grade-Chart.aspx is 640 MPa

    This is assuming that the flex disk, clutch slip, and driving style makes shock loading negligible (not sure how true this may be). I guessed on the radius of the flex-disk.

    According to these calculations your safety factor is 8.7 and that bolt will hold up fine.
    So why is this happening? Is it cause my trans brace is a bit crooked........

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    You've got a mangina!
    You've got a mangina!

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    You car now had a mangina.

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    you broke and lost your cars penis. ouch. cargina.

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Well I'm just going to bolt this back up with 10.9 class bolts and see what happens.....vibrations are literally the single most annoying thing my car can have.
    Also, if you told me that my M50 can shear class 8.8 bolts right in half at the guibo I would have laughed at you..no bendage, just a clean snap as if done with an angle grinder..

    Leave a comment:


  • coreyw
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    I KANT REPLACE DIS I WOULD HAVE 2 BUY A HOLE NEW TRANMISSIONZ or rebuild mine haha.
    I know. That's what happens when you blow your transmission on a burnout. But used transmissions aren't that expensive. I just gotta give you a hard time.
    Last edited by coreyw; 04-15-2012, 08:19 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...