I broke my transmission's penis
Collapse
X
-
Guibo is in good condition. I'm going to give it a whirl and see what happens..
Seems like the pilot shaft comes out of this piece. Which means the trans would require a whole rebuild.
Leave a comment:
-
Quite possibly, as it won't have basically what is a pilot shaft. If you have a nice quibo, it won't be as big of an issue. But chances are it will hasten it's wear.
Maybe pick a Revshift guibo. It can't hurt.Leave a comment:
-
Well you all are, and especially Fusion, are correct. Will I see additional vibrations from the lack of the transmission penis though? On realoem I don't see the actual transmission penis piece, only the output flange.....so unbolting the nut won't actually do anything.Leave a comment:
-
Bolt your driveshaft back up and continue as normal.
Report back to us.Leave a comment:
-
I'm pretty sure you can unbolt the flange and replace the output shaft. Not an expert cause I've never done it myself... But it's worth a shot just to unscrew that giant nut (no pun intended) and see how it's linked?Leave a comment:
-
It's there to keep the driveshaft centered instead of relying completely on the guibo... But you already know that.
Bolt it back up. Drive it along. Worst thing that can happen, you fuck up your already fucked up transmission and/or your driveshaft. Oh no.Leave a comment:
-
Accelerating at a very fast pace. Now what do I do about the transmission penisLeave a comment:
-


Leave a comment: