I broke my transmission's penis
Collapse
X
-
well, then. That's probably verboten.Mine are class 8.8 Bolts from my local hardware store.
But an M50 in front of a 240 is also a bit undertough.
I'm surprised no- one's yet come up with the right answer:
Your transmission just needs a strap- on. Big and red with racing stripes
should add at least 10 hp. Oh, and louvers, too, probably.
tLeave a comment:
-
If anyone wants to know, the problem is directly correlated to my trans brace. I'm using a modified trans brace for a G260 that litterally bolted on correctly to my G240 and actually bolted to the chassis without drama. Though when you take a REALLY good look at it, as in put your head in the trans tunnel and look straight into the trans, you can see its very tilted. I'm getting a G260 friday.
Also on a side note, I've dropped my trans so many times, it took me 45 minutes to get my G240 on the ground by myself, from jacking the car up to prying the trans out. Granted my driveshaft already disconnected itself for me.Leave a comment:
-
kinda late, but I was always under the impression that the grade of a bolt had to do with the clamping strength, and not the shearing of it. (if that makes sense)
BTW, sorry to hear about your penis. the problem is def. in the crooked/angled trans.Leave a comment:
-
-
My wife has that laptop... Got it for her for her birthday last year.on a more serious note
AS MUCH AS I LUV U GUYS HUMOR.......
This is what happens when a driveshaft breaks loose at ZERO miles an hour...imagine what happens when a car is rolling. It bent my selector rod and DESTROYED my NEW guibo.

uploaded it to instagram cause its so much easier to host pictures lol
Had the harddrive replaced once, luckily still under warranty... Then I just had to replace the keyboard (dog's fault)
Anyway, you have a manginaLeave a comment:
-
"new" driveshaft. Gunna need another tranny too since the mangled bolts did such a number on the output flange. Yes I know that I can just swap outputs. It has a weak 2nd gear synchro too.Leave a comment:
-
Hmm definitely don't have mega vibrations. Howd you fix your u-joint?So I sheared my d/s bolts from guibo to trans output flange on my g260. Apparently on the 260 the centering pin goes into the trans and is a part of the d/s, regardless the centering pin is fine and so is the guibo.
Reason the bolts snapped? A stiff rear u-joint causing mega vibe taking out the csb and cuz I haz lead foot and s52.Leave a comment:
-
-
So I sheared my d/s bolts from guibo to trans output flange on my g260. Apparently on the 260 the centering pin goes into the trans and is a part of the d/s, regardless the centering pin is fine and so is the guibo.
Reason the bolts snapped? A stiff rear u-joint causing mega vibe taking out the csb and cuz I haz lead foot and s52.Leave a comment:
-
Have the mods delete this thread and sell it, then blame it on the shipping provider VLAD style!Leave a comment:



Leave a comment: