I broke my transmission's penis

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lolcantturn
    replied
    We'll see what happens, I'm going to put the D shaft on tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    In that case you're lucky you haven't cracked the bellhousing.

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Originally posted by acolella76
    Kind of perfect and amazing.. except for the broken pilot shaft lol
    Yup haha. I think I'm going to bolt it up and see what happens. This is my theory:

    My trans brace isn't made too well (swap car), so the trans is tilted about three degrees to the right. The output shaft was broken this entire time but only now when my bolts failed did the shaft fall out and meet its demise.

    Leave a comment:


  • VinniE30
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    Yup, I'm running an M44 Trans (aka G240) that came from a really low mileage 318ti so its fucking perfect and amazing. Except its like kind of broken now lol
    So now is a good time to upgrade to a g260. A real mans transmission.

    Leave a comment:


  • acolella76
    replied
    Kind of perfect and amazing.. except for the broken pilot shaft lol

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    Oh. Well then, In all seriousness I have an m42 one w/ ~150k miles on it if your current one feels seriously screwed.

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Originally posted by trackjunkie21
    that's what he has now lol. So yes.
    Yup, I'm running an M44 Trans (aka G240) that came from a really low mileage 318ti so its fucking perfect and amazing. Except its like kind of broken now lol

    Leave a comment:


  • trackjunkie21
    replied
    Originally posted by FunfGan
    I've got a spare m42 trans, that should work right?



    trololololol
    that's what he has now lol. So yes.

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    I KANT REPLACE DIS I WOULD HAVE 2 BUY A HOLE NEW TRANMISSIONZ or rebuild mine haha.
    I've got a spare m42 trans, that should work right?



    Edited: I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by FunfGan; 04-15-2012, 06:52 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Originally posted by coreyw
    Usually when parts break on my car I replace them..... might just be me though..
    I KANT REPLACE DIS I WOULD HAVE 2 BUY A HOLE NEW TRANMISSIONZ or rebuild mine haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • coreyw
    replied
    Usually when parts break on my car I replace them..... might just be me though..

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0
    How did this even happen? Be honest
    Originally posted by TimKninja
    How did you know it even broke?
    Originally posted by RUFFLZ
    ho shit you were yoloing tho huh?
    Originally posted by acolella76
    Do you have the part that broke off? What I would do, as ghetto as it may sound, is drill and tap a hole into both sides, and thread a set screw or something into one side and screw the other side on. With a bit of red loctite it should stay.
    I never beat my car until I do, something always breaks.
    Had three people in my car and some luggage in the trunk...pretty good tires...2.79 diff...grade 8.8 bolts on the guibo...decided to peel off from a dead stop really quick, before I even got anywhere my driveshaft broke loose, heard a bunch of bolts flying on the ground, followed by the output shaft piece.
    Good thing I only lived once that day

    I hope I can find the part that broke off...........

    Leave a comment:


  • trackjunkie21
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0
    How did this even happen? Be honest
    Because YOLO

    Leave a comment:


  • acolella76
    replied
    Do you have the part that broke off? What I would do, as ghetto as it may sound, is drill and tap a hole into both sides, and thread a set screw or something into one side and screw the other side on. With a bit of red loctite it should stay.

    Leave a comment:


  • RUFFLZ
    replied
    ho shit you were yoloing tho huh?

    Leave a comment:

Working...