Best DD for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best DD for the money?

I know some of us on here have multiple cars, or the guys like myself that DD their E30 everyday.

But in your all's opinion, whats the best Daily? Far as cheap, reliable, easy to fix.

Two I think of right off my head are:

Civics - Stock, not molested run forever
    Cavaliers - also run forever

What you guys think?

Whats wrong with e30?
    Its cheap, reliable and easy to fix...

Comment

cavaliers are famous peices of crap.

e30s are more fun to dd but the perfect tool is something that never breaks down. The perfect dd is something like a corrolla.

Comment

Nothing, hence why i DD my 318Is. Was just trying to see what everybody else drives when they arent driving they're E30

Comment

my other cars are a nissan d21 truck that ive never gotten rid of because my other two cars break down all the time

89 325 ic and 97 camaro 3.8
          \
          nothing beats a japanese truck for reliability. just remember to change the oil. Even if you dont it still will keep going though.

to take the next perfect step and get something that reliable with 30 mpg also is the dream. Trucks weigh more than they look. And to get a sporty car too is... close to impossible. maybe something like a celica or nissan 240 sx.

for the money though you try to find models that not everyone knows about like honda civic. Something like a mitsubishi galant is very reliable and its cheap. suzuki esteem.

definitely nissan sentra is near tops for what they go for and how they last to me. In mexico they use them as taxi cabs.
          Last edited by stamar; 04-21-2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Subaru Manwagon.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

E30, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.
              Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

3 cylinder Geo metro.

Unstoppable little bastards...

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I've been shopping for one of these lately

Big and comfy, with good fuel economy and reliability with the diesels.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

a w123 diesel gets way worse gas mileage than you think, it gets worse gas mileage than a e30.

Comment

^^That's a w126, with the 6 cylinder. They're also much bigger than an e30, and I can use it to tow an e30.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
                        E30, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.
                        HHGTTG FTW:razz:

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

ya if big means daily driver to you.

i think of daily driver as something taking one person to work.

I dont know if I would tow an e30 with a mercedes it doesnt have a lot to do with the engine its the frame. Im sure they do it in europe though.

If it were just engine power an e30 could tow a w126. cars in the us are meant to tow 1500 or less though.

certainly would not be insurable. Ive seen mercedes tow big trailers though with the right upgrades to the springs.

Comment

Something Japanese and FWD. Civic, Corolla, ACcord, etc.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I had to cavaliers, i beat the piss out of both of them. Jumped a snow jump, cracked the radiator, front bumper, tore the exhaust off. Also did this thing i called e brake sliding into random mail boxes... The other one basically got the same treatment, well that and i tried to take it through a mudhole haha.
                              Now i daily drive my 325e coupe, which i baby and cherrish. When im working on that i usally steal my gfs beetle. (yes i feel gay everytime i drive it)

Comment

Working...
                              X