No announcement yet.

Best DD for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drive the bmw x3 handles good ,good power and holds things.

Comment

The newest e30 is now 20years old. There are only a handful of them on this board that would qualify as a reliable DD. "Easy to fix" is not a quality of a good DD.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
        3 cylinder Geo metro.

Unstoppable little bastards...
        3 cylinder Geo metro.

3 cylinder Geo metro.

3 cylinder Geo metro.

Originally posted by KenC View Post
        The newest e30 is now 20years old. There are only a handful of them on this board that would qualify as a reliable DD. "Easy to fix" is not a quality of a good DD.
        THIS.

Dare I say.. If I had to choose something that is non-stop reliable and get good gas milage and is in every respect reasonable.. I'd drive a civic.. But then again..

I don't care about reliability, practicality and milage :mrgreen:
        I have backup transportation just in case my e30 decides to act up one day, which; eith all the maintanence I've done (knock on wood) won't be happening soon. I'm blessed to live close to biking distance from work, school, and my hospital. Riding thug life with a fixie, and I ain't no hipster..!!
        Last edited by JinormusJ; 04-21-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I'm at 200k, maybe more, odo doesn't work. My car runs strong as can be. ive seen articles of some e30s getting 350k

Comment

I have been in the world of e30s since I was 16, I have only DD one other make and that was a Honda. Best DD is a 325e hands down, only way it gets better is a b27i

Oh, my e30 has left me high and dry ONCE... ran out of gas ;)

I did DD a 91 Honda hatch with the 1.8ltr. 42mpg, 5spd and coilovers. Fun little car that got amazing MPG. Nothing bad to say about it, just was not home if you know what I mean.

Maybe all you idiots that think they breakdown, just needs to replace worn parts that have gone neglected from the POs. Remember they are 20+ years old and things wear and break. My first one went to 400+k(gears broke at 389k 2PO before me) and had to part it out. Reason; because the body rotted out from people using it as JUST a car. I buy a beater car and store my BMWs for the winter. Fix that beater during the fall season and sell in the spring. Make money EVERY year doing that. 200 car replace the broken shit and sell it for 1-2k Motor swaps, bad tranny, head gaskets etc People will sell a car off fast if it is expensive to fix via a shop.
            Last edited by F34R; 04-21-2012, 05:45 PM.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
              perfect.

easy to fix is helpfull but never breaks down is way better. Easy to fix is good for a long term car. but if it stops starting one day and you lose your job its worthless.

Comment

e36

Originally posted by vlad
                Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by JA1991 View Post
                  I'm at 200k, maybe more, odo doesn't work. My car runs strong as can be. ive seen articles of some e30s getting 350k
                  I know a local guy with 450k on his working ODO. Ive gone on some drives with him and I can attest that when he drives it.. He DRIVES it. You could fire at that thing at a bullet range and it'll still turn over and run

Comment

Originally posted by Hick View Post
                    e36
                    I adore my e30 and my DD e36. The only problem is it's tough to DD something you adore. I think an ej6 civic would be a great DD - it's reasonably fun around town, excellent gas mileage, insanely easy to work on if need be, low routine maintenance, and it's nothing to really fall in love with. You can kinda beat it up a little and not give a single fuck.

That's my vote. It always breaks my heart to beat up on BMWs as DDs. Also I'm always tempted to upgrade them and give them special treatment, excessive maintenance, etc because I love them so much. Hence why I think something a little less lovable should be a winner as a DD.

Comment

450k, holy shit! I'm doing a headswap, all seals gaskets, basically a whole refresh and i hope to get another 100k

Comment

I don't believe in having Sunday drivers. Any car you buy should be a DD or mayby every other day if you own 2. That said I drive a very clean Euro 320i Mtech 1 4 door to haul the kids and mountain bike around in. I use my 89 Mr2 for work and grocery getter. You should love and enjoy the car you will be driving most of the time.
                        sigpic

Comment

buy a volvo 240.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Before I sold it to buy an e30, I had a '96 Civic LX. Four doors, five speed, front wheel drive, and unbreakable. I drove the piss out of it on a daily basis, and it never gave me any problems. It's a common car, sure, but it's still cheap and reliable. It's great fun in the snow, too...

Comment

I DD an 88 525i E28 (B25 Swap)

I'd DD the touring if it didn't have an S38 in it though.. awesome motors, just not everyday

Comment

Something Toyota ftw.

I've got a 2002 Solara SLE V6 that I DD - and frankly I love the thing. It has been a TANK, and has NEVER let me down. I have been a BMW enthusiast my whole life, but because of this car and the 1mz-fe v6 (read: camry engine) - I will always have a Toyota in my family's fleet of cars.
                                http://l0st0n3.mybrute.com
                                http://l0st-0n3.mybrute.com
                                Work in progress: 1991 318i m50 swap

Feedback thread :up:

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                                I prefer having a female in the car at all times. They generally smell good, but you do have to put up with that hole in their face.

Comment

Working...
                                X