Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to do something nice. Any ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want to do something nice. Any ideas??

I just feel like doing good, and being nice is the only thing that makes me happy. And ive been feeling kinda down, im 19 i don't know what i wanna do in life. And i know i love being nice to people. And helping people. But this empty feeling from not knowing myself and what i really like to do is depressing, i need a boost of moral if i am to achieve any goals that i need to set, i may not know them yet.. but i'm hoping i can figure out what i am meant to do sometime soon..

And so i ask you, what nice gesture can i make that will put a smile on someones face? It can be anything so let yourself loose :)

Thanks
    Martin

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Send me a set of AST coilovers. I will smile.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

go out with an ugly chick and genuinely pay attention to her.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

A long time ago, I would sit and dial random phone numbers and say I was so-and-so from the National Happiness Foundation. One of the many amazing conversations I had was with a then 70ish y/o WWII vet that had just lost his wife the month before, and was without family. He was very alone in the world and later told me he was contemplating suicide, and was so thankful that someone wanted to take the time to talk to him. We ended up talking for quite some time after that, and he became a good friend.

It was quite a formative moment and interaction for me.

I bet nowadays, you would get reported for doing such a thing, but I would highly suggest spending time once a week at a Senior Center. The people there are lonely, likely not listened to by the people that work there, and full of more valuable knowledge than you could ever find by reading, it takes a lot of work and smarts to make it through 70-80 years of living, and lots of lessons are learned that should be passed down.

Plus you'll put a bigger smile on their face than they thought they could ever have thought possible.

Comment

Volunteer.
          Just about anywhere, doing anything.

I volunteered with the car club and ended up being an instructor. My pay for a full day of work is a sandwich.
          I volunteered for the local high school band, helping load/unload the trailer, fixing anything they hand me.
          I volunteered to work for the Amgen Tour of California bike race. It turned into a paid gig for the week each year.

When you are young, you tend to have more time available to give. When you get older, you want to give and tend to have less time available.

Make a list of things you enjoy. Search out groups that are involved in those things. Offer up your time.

Comment

i have never gone wrong with flowers... if you know any girl-friends/coworkers etc.. get a serious order of flowers and start delivering... you will become a favorite sooo fast... i love their reactions, especially when you give without a reason... shows you are ... well human..

good luck man

good thinking.. i need to do that too.. thanks for the inspiration
            sigpic

Comment

Last summer, I would care for and do some basic maintenance on cars that elderly people owned. I also would help with house work (painting, repairs, lighting, installations, etc.) for friends, family, elderly and others. I didn't accept pay but a few people insisted.
              E30 buildy things
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Farbin - if that is a true story, then wow.

Volunteering is always nice, it doesn't have to be with a sanctioned place (ie Habitat for Humanity, Big Brother Big Sister) but those usually have opportunities lined up.

Comment

give some money to a real cause.. like getting water for people in haiti, or kenya, or what have you.

or do one of those appalachian service projects. seeing the living conditions down there can change your life.

Comment

I go around slashing tires and smashing windows on Toyota Priuses. You 're all welcome.

Comment

share the kony 2012 video. that will ugandian children.... HAHAHAH LOL NO IT WONT HAHAHA then proceed to masturbate in public

Comment

Volunteer at a local homeless shelter or if you really wanna see someone smile and made an impact on them go to YMCA and volunteer or that Big Brother Big Sister foundation if there's any idk but that's what I suggest

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
                        1986 325e (EUR)
                        Grey Market
                        Zinno
                        327i Build
                        Zender kit
                        ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
                        sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteD View Post
                          Farbin - if that is a true story, then wow.

Volunteering is always nice, it doesn't have to be with a sanctioned place (ie Habitat for Humanity, Big Brother Big Sister) but those usually have opportunities lined up.
                          It's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrey View Post
                            Volunteer at a local homeless shelter or if you really wanna see someone smile and made an impact on them go to YMCA and volunteer or that Big Brother Big Sister foundation if there's any idk but that's what I suggest

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
                            I will actually be applying for a job at a new local YMCA organization in my local area. I'm pretty excited to work their. I know it isn't volunteering, but I will still be helping people.

I do tons of stuff with my high school robotics teams. Reach out to other school/younger kids to give inspiration, help with anything, tutoring, events etc. We call it Gracious Professionalism

Comment

are you into any sports? there are alot of non profit organizations that always look for volunteers.

i used to teach golf to intercity children on the weekends to get them off the streets and teach them the sport and good values in general. definitely the most rewarding thing ive done in my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X