Going to miss you Steve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to miss you Steve.

A good friend to the BMW community, Steve Langston, has left us too early. I considered Steve one of the nicest, giving, involved, and caring people to walk among us as E30 owners. He was always there to listen to problems, triumphs, and just normal crap we all say from time to time. He was a huge part of the southeast E30 and BMW community and was the reason I started going to V@V, and BMW meets outside of Atlanta. He was always there at the fall rally, and I regret deeply never going to it and camping with him.
    That said, Steve was always around to meet me when driving through Tn. He would have no problem dropping everything and sitting with me in an obscure Waffle House of I75. We would discuss BMW's, Family, SEC football, the Braves, car meets, you name it....
    Steve leaves behind many awesome memories, but the main thing he leaves behind is his never ending kindness to everyone he met. Steve didn't care who you were, what you were into, or what you looked like. He treated your interests and opinions respectfully and was always there to discuss them.
    I will forever try to be as nice and welcoming as Steve was. I can truly say that this man changed my life and attitude for the better. He taught me what it is to be an adult.
    I will miss you buddy!
    My favorite picture of Steve at V@V. (Blunt's too I am sure!)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by delatlanta1281; 05-11-2012, 07:40 AM.
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

I almost met Steve when driving across the country, unfortunately he had a business meeting he couldn't miss that night. I wish I could had though

Comment

Sorry to hear. Sounds like he was a great guy. We could use some more like him.

Comment

Well said Rich.

Sad day indeed :(

Rest in peace Steve. You will be missed.
        John

Comment

I had the pleasure of meeting Steve at the Fall Brodeo - my first. The BMW/E30 community has definitely lost one of the greats.

RIP Steve. Liquor and whores.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

RIP Steve, true enthusiast and all around great guy.
            sigpic
            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

This really saddens me. I agree with all that has been said about Steve.
              He was always a highlight of Vintage for me. Truly one of the good guys taken way too early
              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Rip:(

7speedshop.com

Comment

We need more people like that not just in the cay area, but in the whole nation. All the best Steve... Wish I could have met him myself.

Comment

This is very VERY sad news. I too met steve years ago at V@V and always looked forward to see his smiling face every year since. Just last year at The vintage in the Hawthorn, we had breakfast together and just started talk about his music career as I am into it. He went on about some of his gear and how is sons music shop was doing good business. I am truly going to miss him. RIP buddy.

Edit. for thouse of you who dont know him, check him out in this video. Bravo Steve, bravo!
                    Last edited by N2MYE30; 05-11-2012, 10:03 AM.

COTM

Comment

I met Steve when I lived in Nashville. I couldn't get my damn M5x swap to go & he was kind enough to lend me his peak tool, without ever meeting me before. Fast forward 1.5 years later and I was at my First fall rally & reunited. The man was truly a gem. I will remember our conversations around the fire, helping him push his car on a trailer after completing a "peer pressure" burnout, E30 blues, and his smile while sitting on his lipstick whore red interior.

Steve you will be sadly missed.

Comment

RIP Steve. He really was a great guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him at V@V 2010 and I sat and had breakfast with him and we spoke for almost 2 hours. Delatlanta is 100% correct about Steve. He had the kindest personality and was just a joy to be around.

Comment

Im sorry to hear about his passing wish i could have met him
                          Originally posted by InuFaye
                          silver is old man color car. you need dat BRO-SECA BLUE.
                          Originally posted by blunttech
                          so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist
                          Originally posted by george graves
                          An S5x is like the girl you want to marry - an m30 is the girl you don't bring home to mom.

Comment

:( Sorry to hear this. He seemed awesome.

Comment

Stevie (Stevie30) was definitely one of the best. Tara and I both cried when we heard the news last night. He was one of the Southeast Rally / Brodeo OGs. He always kept an open spot for me on his campsite and would never let me pay him for it.

Last fall I was lucky enough to purchase his "black sheep" E30. He kept all his cars in awesome condition.

He always had an affection for white convertibles and AC Schnitzer swag.

When I was building my car Mila, Steve was kind enough to pick up a pair of seats for me in Atlanta and take them to his preferred upholstery shop then delivered them to me when they were done. He would always offer to go above and beyond to help anyone out.

I'll never forget his campfire shenanigans especially his guitar sing-a-longs. Even when we visited him a few weeks ago he never stopped with the jokes and one-liners. His legendary camping jokes eventually made him the Southeast Brodeo mascot and every fall Brodeo he would cook Brunswick Stew for the group to eat for Friday dinner.

Stevie was definitely one of the great E30 enthusiasts in the southeast E30 community and I will miss him dearly.

Last edited by RobertK; 05-13-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X