Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just added a new horse to my stable, for a little while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just added a new horse to my stable, for a little while...

Hey guys-
    Well, I just bought another car. It is a '97 328i 5spd, Alpine/tan, 81k miles, stock throughout. The car is very clean and in nice shape. Problem is the head is warped after it overheated due to a cracked radiator.
    I bought the car to fix it and sell it. I already have a head comming in 2 days for it, and I just got all the rest of my parts today, which include all 4 brake rotors/pads, radiator, waterpump, t-stat, coolant hoses, bosch spark-plugs, fuel filter, air filter, microfilter, headgasket kit and rebuilt head. I plan to sell it by the end of the year. If anyone is interested in such a car as a daily driver, this is a very nice car. The exterior has only one dent on the kidney grill area, the interior is imacculate save for some bolster wear on the drivers seat. It has a sport package, full painted bumpers, dual zone digital climate control, stock radio, alpine factory keyless entry, 16" split-spoke wheels. Clutch replaced at 55k under CPO wty, car will be mechanically flawless when I am finished with it in a few weeks.
    Anyhow, just thought I would post up and see what you guys thought. I am not a big E36 fan, but this is a very nice and solid driving car so I went for it.
    Pics to follow in a few days.
    '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
    '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
    '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
    iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
    sigpic

my dad has a 97 328iS auto. its a pretty decent car, i preffered driving that on dates and whatnot than my e30.

The girls like the e36 better imo. But i always felt like a douche driving the e36.

Kyle
    1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
    DILLIGAF

Comment

Yea, it feels kinda girly... I actually thought of giving it to my girlfriend, but for the cost vs. what I can sell it for, it is really hard to do that right now. I will just sell it and move on to something different. I *might* sell my E28 and buy myself a newer/bigger car. I want to get into 125cc TAG carts, so I need a car that can either pull a small trailer, or has enough room in back to slide the cart into it, like an SUV...
      '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer8604
        But i always felt like a douche driving the e36.
        hahahaha... I feel super gay driving my dad's Ti.
        The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

i dont think theres any suvs that will let you slide a cart into the back. Just have someone weld you a lightweight trailer and tow it with the 535. My kart weights 200lbs

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is
            hahahaha... I feel super gay driving my dad's Ti.

hahahaha who woulden't?

Originally posted by DaveCN
            Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Ryan
              Yea, it feels kinda girly... I actually thought of giving it to my girlfriend, but for the cost vs. what I can sell it for, it is really hard to do that right now. I will just sell it and move on to something different. I *might* sell my E28 and buy myself a newer/bigger car. I want to get into 125cc TAG carts, so I need a car that can either pull a small trailer, or has enough room in back to slide the cart into it, like an SUV...
              Buy a van. You know you want to.

You're as bad as Ely when it comes to buying broken shit.

-Charlie
              Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
              '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
              FYYFF

Comment

Ryan, what kind of pricerange?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                  Buy a van. You know you want to.

You're as bad as Ely when it comes to buying broken shit.

-Charlie
                  :rofl: :rofl:
                  85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel
                    Ryan, what kind of pricerange?
                    Well, the car is in very nice shape, so I want blue book for a good condition private party car, which is $10,400.
                    Charlie- I don't buy busted ass cars all the time, at least I drove mine home and it still runs!
                    '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
                    sigpic

Comment

2 or 4 door?

What kind of service history?

Where was it originally purchased?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel
                        2 or 4 door?

What kind of service history?

Where was it originally purchased?
                        4dr, purchased and owned in so cal all 8 years. Former CPO car until 2002, all maintance will be up to date, all above mentioned parts will be dealer installed. Car will also get an alignment, detailing and possibly new tires. I drove the car to my work today to get started on the head work because our workload has been a bit lite lately...
                        Here are a few pics, more here: http://ryan.tobinhosting.com/album03
                        They arn't great, and the car is filthy dirty in these pics so take them with a grain of salt.

'12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
                        sigpic

Comment

looks pretty damn clean except for the wear on the drivers seat. on a seperate note, those are some of my least favorite wheels...i dont know what it is about them. looks exactly like the 328i 4door that my brother used to have, but his was sterling.
                          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30
                            looks pretty damn clean except for the wear on the drivers seat. on a seperate note, those are some of my least favorite wheels...i dont know what it is about them. looks exactly like the 328i 4door that my brother used to have, but his was sterling.
                            I was thinking of buying a new set of rims for my E28 and giving the E36 the 10 spoke m3 motorsports I have on there now... I will see how the next few weeks treat me with the car first...
                            '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
                            sigpic

Comment

Damn, shame it's not a 2-door. Not that that's a big deal, I really need a 4-door more than a 2 door anyways.

What kind of tires are on it now? How is the tread on them?

You say the parts will be dealer installed -- does this mean that all repairs done (i.e. head) will have the standard BMW dealership 1 year warranty?

How many owners? Was all work done at a dealership? Which dealership originally sold it?

Vin #?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X