Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car sitting for 2 weeks, any prep needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car sitting for 2 weeks, any prep needed?

I'm heading on a vacation for two weeks, and the car will be parked the entire time. Are there any steps that should be taken to ensure it's fine when I get back?

This might be a silly question as 2 weeks is not a long time, but I like to treat the car as good as possible.
    I like cats.

During the summer my car sometimes sits for a month because I'm riding my motorcycle instead of driving. It'll be fine.
    1988 325i Vert
    1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

I leave my truck sitting for month or more all the time, and the E30 a week or so at a time. Remember to turn your lights off.

/we've all done that one, honestly.

Then summon the invisible swordsman to show you the way to El Guapo.
      1987 Delphin 325e Sedan - Natalie
      1990 325i 24v
      1997 Chevrolet K1500 Crew Cab 4x4 - The Centurion

Comment

Two weeks isn't that long. Put up a sunshade, lock your doors and close your windows.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

are you serious?
          "I wanna see da boat movie"
          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

disconnect the battery if it's weak. other than that it should be fine.

Comment

hire a midget to live in the trunk and have him kill anyone who comes near it.
              -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
              -1990 325i sedan

Comment

Originally posted by andrewm View Post
                I leave my truck sitting for month or more all the time, and the E30 a week or so at a time. Remember to turn your lights off.

/we've all done that one, honestly.

Then summon the invisible swordsman to show you the way to El Guapo.
                don't forget to shoot straight up into the air!

Comment

Originally posted by Dalejandrino View Post
                  hire a midget to live in the trunk and have him kill anyone who comes near it.
                  Or a trunk monkey. Sometimes you can find a good deal on a slightly used one on ebay.

Comment

Shit I leave my car for a month sometimes without driving it, leave the keys in it and the windows down too. I've only driven the Vette twice in the last two years. First time I had to fix a cork gasket on the fuel pump/filter, this last time I didn't have to do anything but charge the battery for a bit.

Two weeks, no worries.

Comment

The Land Cruiser sat for 8 years. I had to charge the battery...

t
                      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by Pinepig View Post
                        Shit I leave my car for a month sometimes without driving it, leave the keys in it and the windows down too. I've only driven the Vette twice in the last two years. First time I had to fix a cork gasket on the fuel pump/filter, this last time I didn't have to do anything but charge the battery for a bit.

Two weeks, no worries.

More pics of the Vette!
                        Continuous For Sale Thread
                        323i s50

Comment

Pic of when I took it to Vetts for Vet's about a month ago ( won directors choice )

In the garage with the wifes Tiguan the day before. ( spends almost all it's time in the enclosed trailer in the earlier pic )

A couple of scans from when my pops ( RIP ) and I built it 20 odd years ago,

Pic of the smiling old man for the cars maiden voyage after the 9 month build with my future wife off to the left. Finished two days before Hot August Nights started and he drove it there the first year it went 20 years ago. Sadly he passed two years ago at Hot August Nights.

Comment

Wow that is a beautiful Vette! And im sorry for your loss, im sure that car brings back some great memories!
                            sigpic
                            IcWhatUdidThere

Comment

Seriously a beautiful Vette! I'd keep it in a trailer as well. Thanks for the pics, new desktop material.
                              Continuous For Sale Thread
                              323i s50

Comment

Working...
                              X