• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^false! ...................................... vlad is paying 45k for it
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
      You mean to reach the reserve? Cause the bids are listed in chronological order, it's not a blind auction, so the only answer is that they were artificially driving up the price...
      no, I mean that they probably had a few LEGIT bidders, and then artificial bidders came in to outbid the legit bidder to raise the sale price. It's a risky proposition, because if your artificial bidder wins, you need to find the legit bidder and get them to buy it... or relist it and try the scam again.

You know... like Barrett Jackson does...
      BattleWagon|1996 GT Vertigo

Comment

He is not actually trying to sell it on ebay, just using it as advertisment. Everyone should report item for illegal activity.

Find answers to your buying, selling, and account questions, or contact us for more help.

Comment

Also noticed the blue e30 that I believe was painted with the bumpers on it lol I guess thing hasnt sold yet.

SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
          IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
          BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

That must be the new "dripped on" painting technique. I've heard it's tit's (or what ever that means).

Comment

More on painting a car in an open garage

I don't mean to divert the topic, but figured I'd add two more cents to painting a car in an open garage.

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
              But he has a booth? And in the thread he uses it to paint the front quart panels and hood etc.

To me, it seems like he is risking quality to finish quicker. Why risk having anything land on the car as it gets painted?
              Ideally, a booth is the way to go. Finishing quicker doesn't have much to do with it I don't think. You still have to let the car dry to a certain point before you lay the next coat. You're right you don't want anything to land on it and you run that risk more heavily in an open garage. If he was being careful, he would have taken a tack cloth to the car before he sprayed each coat. If something does land on it and you are lucky enough to catch it, it is easy to fix before you clear the car - assuming you are using two stage paint.

This is how I painted my car. I've seen this exact m3 touring next to my car, I thought my paint job was just as good, if not better... (it was better). :)

Originally posted by markseven View Post
              Maybe it was painted in a booth, dried, and then rolled out for reassembly?
              What farbin said. They painted it right there, the step stool is another clue that gives it away. That is how they sprayed the top of the windshield.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              ^Nope, it's on stands with the wheels masked off.

They deleted a lot of posts in that BF.c thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Chapel View Post
                no, I mean that they probably had a few LEGIT bidders, and then artificial bidders came in to outbid the legit bidder to raise the sale price. It's a risky proposition, because if your artificial bidder wins, you need to find the legit bidder and get them to buy it... or relist it and try the scam again.

You know... like Barrett Jackson does...
                Ah, gotcha.
                I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

1376 Proving Violations of 18 U.S.C. § 2321
                  Section 2321 of Title 18 is a trafficking offense. The previous discussion relating to proving violations of 18 U.S.C. § 511 should be consulted. See this Manual at 1375. In the indictment for 18 U.S.C. § 2321 you may wish to use the false or altered VIN actually on the motor vehicle in order to help specify the motor vehicle which is the subject matter of the charge.

To establish a violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2321 the government must establish that: (1) the defendant acquired or possessed a road motor vehicle or component on which the vehicle identification number (VIN) or component identification number (after the component standard becomes effective) had been removed, obliterated, tampered with, or altered; (2) the identification number was one required by the United States Department of Transportation; (3) such removal, obliteration, tampering with, or alteration was done unlawfully; (4) the defendant was aware of the unlawful removal, obliteration, tampering with, or alteration; and (5) defendant had an intent to sell or otherwise dispose of the motor vehicle (or component part).

In most cases proof of the defendant's awareness of the stolen nature of the motor vehicle (or component) will satisfy the knowledge requirements. Also, the presence on the defendant's premises of several vehicles or numerous components lacking the proper numbers should help satisfy the knowledge and intent requirements.
                  [updated May 1999] [cited in Criminal Resource Manual 1364; Criminal Resource Manual 1366; Criminal Resource Manual 1377; USAM 9-61.700]
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by JinormusJ
                  Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                  1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                  1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                  1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                  1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Back in the days I've knew this guy, his name was Vinnie, it matched his job.

Comment

Do you guys think that graffity artists with many years of rattle can experiance and air-brushing could replicate oem mirror finishes?.
                      I mean with compressor setup, paint booth rentals are very affordable around here.

Been thinking of flying in some ol buds from the city and have them do my cucaracha, was quoted from 3 to 4.5k's the other day while leaving carpet and motor in, crazy !!!

I would rather pull engine and carpet, etc and cleand up., have body shop fix dings and paint it our selfs.

Comment

1 hour left....
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteD View Post
                          Ideally, a booth is the way to go. Finishing quicker doesn't have much to do with it I don't think. You still have to let the car dry to a certain point before you lay the next coat. You're right you don't want anything to land on it and you run that risk more heavily in an open garage. If he was being careful, he would have taken a tack cloth to the car before he sprayed each coat. If something does land on it and you are lucky enough to catch it, it is easy to fix before you clear the car - assuming you are using two stage paint.
                          I totally understand what youre saying but I just dont believe Vlad does anything you just described. I think he only goes through some of the motions and crosses his finger and hopes for the best.

Now to address the finishing the project quicker comment I made, I said that because I think he painted it outside the booth because he had all other panels and trim being painted inside the booth during the painting of the body outside. Kill two birds with one stone type thing. If he is willing to do this for a "one off custom" imagine the I guess lack of attention for a customers car. I truly believe this is what happened to Yans car.
                          SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                          BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Hey look at that, I bought an M3!

I think I'll send Vlad a check that I used as toilet paper or something.

Comment

Originally posted by richardM30 View Post
                              Hey look at that, I bought an M3!

I think I'll send Vlad a check that I used as toilet paper or something.
                              LOL is you implying you won duh bid?
                              SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                                LOL is you implying you won duh bid?

Comment

Working...
                                X