is this a good deal? clist ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kevmac858
    replied
    yeah that is true but finding a clean title with low-ish miles and good condition is almost impossible. not even mentioning the price either. the dude ended up being a stupid flake and a pathetic seller so it was a waste of my time driving 2 hours to get there anyways

    Leave a comment:


  • Wild Ride
    replied
    Problem with cars that have been hit is that you will never have a truly nice e30 no matter how hard you work on it or what mods and money you throw at it.

    Leave a comment:


  • kevmac858
    replied
    yeah but i would rather be patient and make the right decision than make one hastily by impulse and regret it so i'm alright with missing one or two.
    aside fromt the last one, i have been talking to this guy for a few days and i think i am going to go up and meet him. issues are salvage title, pretty ripped up seats, car idles at 1500 rpm and the suspension hasn't been completed in front where the car was hit and made salvage. he seems really firm on the price even though he stated OBO in the post which i think is strange. what do you guys think? i feel that with salvage and a few problems it should be around 2800 or so. thoughts? http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3083471673.html

    Leave a comment:


  • Wild Ride
    replied
    For every 1 decent e30 there are 10 beat and undesirable ones for sale. Everyone holds out for the good ones, you have to be very aggressive to get a clean e30 from cl. Have money on hand, call immediately and ask to be the first to see it. No time to create threads and ask opinions.

    Leave a comment:


  • kevmac858
    replied
    he already sold it :( doesn't matter anymore guys :(((( there will be another

    Leave a comment:


  • e30cynrunr
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr_Tripp
    (IMO) Nice, but I don't know it the wheels and the interior justify $8500 its still a 318

    Well, I've seen 318is's go for $6,200 sold to a happy customer that didn't have records,bbs rs rims and mtech interior.

    Those rims... I sold a couple of pairs, no tires no center caps $800 / the other with new tires ceter caps and center cap tool and bbs lug nuts for $1,200

    That interior is soo damn rare and soo damn nice I'm sure he could pull $1,000 out of it.

    So just looking at the rims and interior is around $2,000+ then you'd be buying the car with the springs shocks and everything else for $5,500+


    Ya, that's a bit... I'm just sayin its legit. Records, rims, interior.

    For all I know the fenders aren't original, or its a salvage title, That would suck.
    Last edited by e30cynrunr; 07-02-2012, 02:26 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30cynrunr
    replied
    Originally posted by kevmac858
    so you guys think i should go for it? thanks for the info e30cynrunr ill make sure i mention that when i talk to him. i'm not too bummed that they are reps, it seems more common than not. maybe i could knock a few bucks off because of that. as for slick tops, totally fine i like them more not a huge sunroof guy anyways. cut springs can be a quick fix just have to decide which ones and find em. so should i give him a call and try and pick it up? pretty excited about it
    Ya, go grab it... Make sure all vin #'s match; hood,fenders,doors and trunk.

    Slick tops are more rare in the U.S. too... So its not only a 91 318is,which is just a one year wonder in the states, but its a slick top 91 318is that's even more rare.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr_Tripp
    replied
    GO FOR IT. Just try and talk him down to 3k flat best of luck to you how you get something good :)

    Leave a comment:


  • kevmac858
    replied
    so you guys think i should go for it? thanks for the info e30cynrunr ill make sure i mention that when i talk to him. i'm not too bummed that they are reps, it seems more common than not. maybe i could knock a few bucks off because of that. as for slick tops, totally fine i like them more not a huge sunroof guy anyways. cut springs can be a quick fix just have to decide which ones and find em. so should i give him a call and try and pick it up? pretty excited about it

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr_Tripp
    replied
    Originally posted by e30cynrunr
    Now this one is legit... Full records, and you gotta love that interior!!

    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...093475418.html
    (IMO) Nice, but I don't know it the wheels and the interior justify $8500 its still a 318

    Leave a comment:


  • e30cynrunr
    replied
    Now this one is legit... Full records, and you gotta love that interior!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr_Tripp
    replied
    Originally posted by RUFFLZ
    you right you right, didn't acknowledge the diameter into the price.
    they're still worth a pretty penny though
    Ahaha I just got it...I know im an idiot for taking so long.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30cynrunr
    replied
    Originally posted by Rsully70sev
    I almost wanted to call esm or reps on those. But they looked good nonetheless, I think this would be a nice pick up at an adjusted price.

    -broken odometer is a common problem on e30's
    -reps...eh live with them or sell them
    -slicktop...I personally like them
    Broken odometers, ya... Very common issue,but don't list it as having 140k on the car when the odometer has been broken for a while.

    I'm sure he just wants as many callers as possible. The car is gonna be sold for sure!

    Install new springs and shocks right away... Then pick up little things like a dash and whatever down the road.

    I think the lip looks like that cuz its missing hanger clips on the valance, so it looks like the lip is separating from the valance.

    I think the car is an awesome project... And a great find for a first e30, just hold on to it and keep it straight... 318is's along with all e30's are finding their way more and more into junk yards. A clean U.S. one year wonder 318is in 10 years will be worth more $$$$.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rsully70sev
    replied
    I almost wanted to call esm or reps on those. But they looked good nonetheless, I think this would be a nice pick up at an adjusted price.

    -broken odometer is a common problem on e30's
    -reps...eh live with them or sell them
    -slicktop...I personally like them

    Leave a comment:


  • e30cynrunr
    replied
    I hit this guy up yesterday...

    It's a slick top.

    The rs's are reps from his shop.

    The odometer is broken.

    The 323 badge is from a previous owner.

    I had him check and he says the vin #'s match and by looking up by the A pillars the fenders haven't ever been off.

    The front springs are cut.

    The guy seemed pretty cool, but my interest was lost after he told me the rims were reps.

    Leave a comment:

Working...