new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpeicherBimmer View Post
    Never seen a hardtop on a vert before, looks nice. Please remove that chrome wheel well trim, the rest of the car looks so nice but that just ruins it IMO...Extremely good deal though!
    Oh come on! That's the other reason I bought the car. You know how hard those are to find!? LOL, that was the first thing I took off the car. They are pretty bad!
    89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
    99 540it
    86 Volvo 240 wagon
    99 Cherokee
    13 Passat

Comment

Oh damn I thought you were serious for a sec about liking them...
      sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Originally posted by gart View Post
        Its got the i head and all the other i stuff. I plan on a turbo set up later, but want to at least drive it befor I start that one.
        ...Haha those are the famous words of every newbie. That's awesome if you really are a professional painter! I see a lot of potential, just not sure about the turbo set up. They're a lot more complicated than you think. Surprise me and be a FI guru too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
          ...Haha those are the famous words of every newbie. That's awesome if you really are a professional painter! I see a lot of potential, just not sure about the turbo set up. They're a lot more complicated than you think. Surprise me and be a FI guru too.
          yeah I know about the turbo. I plan on seeing how I like the 2.7 i set up first. This will be my first turbo build, but i have owned a GTI, Talon TSI AWD, MR2 Turbo, and a G60 Corrado (supercharged) so I do have some insight on the subject. Only time will tell with this one. And yes I am a painter, do it every day.
          99 540it
          86 Volvo 240 wagon
          99 Cherokee
          13 Passat

Comment

Nice man, I see some potential with this. I didn't mean to be a dick, it's just every new person comes on here with their car and their introduction ends with "and I plan on turboing it in the future" like it's an easy task lol. I've only seen a few presented and actually executed by new members (or at least new to e30's). I myself was one of those people till I found out about motor swaps haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
              Nice man, I see some potential with this. I didn't mean to be a dick, it's just every new person comes on here with their car and their introduction ends with "and I plan on turboing it in the future" like it's an easy task lol. I've only seen a few presented and actually executed by new members (or at least new to e30's). I myself was one of those people till I found out about motor swaps haha.
              No worries, didn't think you were being a dick. I plan on doing this one right so the turbo is down the road a bit. Want to get all the body work and paint done, get the car running good, and give it any maintence it needs. Then I can start thinking about go fast stuff. This is going to be a labor of love for sure.
              99 540it
              86 Volvo 240 wagon
              99 Cherokee
              13 Passat

Comment

Working...
              X