travelling abroad, looking for european e30 forums/connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

travelling abroad, looking for european e30 forums/connections

i know some of you have traveled to germany and/or have spent extended amounts of time in europe collecting/shipping parts. i'm headed out to germany for six weeks on tuesday (university program) and am looking for a few things for my car to bring back with me. i know i'll have very limited yard-search time so i was hoping to get tips and tricks to using the internet/connections over there to find what i'm looking for.

let me know!
    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
    1974 2002tii / stock
    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

easy. ebay.de ship the stuff to your now german addy.
    where are you going to be at?

Comment

i'll be in freiburg and munich most of august. i heard there's a good yard in munich, i'm determined to go to at least one! is ebay really the best way to go even when i'm in country?
      1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Ill send you some cash to bring back some goodies for me

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

you won't find any e30s in the yards, well maybe 1 or 2 stripped down 316i/318i M40 cars. they are too old and the yards don't make money from them anymore, so no reason to keep them around. If you are lucky, there are e30 collectors all over Germany, they will have what you want, but also know what it's worth. There is no need to bring an e30 to the junkyard in Germany anymore, there are too many hawks out there waiting to scoop em up.

You are about 8 years late on finding cheap E30 stuff in yards over here-- you will have better luck with e36/e46 stuff.

Just enjoy yourself over here, if your in the Bamberg area, you are welcome to come by.

Comment

^
            i kind of figured as much. i just wanted to go through and see what was around, good or bad. my priority is cool stuff>cheap stuff. want to find some interior bits, trim, sideskirts etc. if you know any hoarders, let me know!
            1974 2002tii / stock
            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

the problem is, the stuff is also rare nowadays here too, so Everyone wants top dollar. If your in the area, I know quite a few people with stuff, can't guarantee it will be super cheap though.

Its def. worth trying your luck though, Euro yards are interesting just to see other old euro stuff too.

Comment

thanks for the heads up. was hoping european-market stuff would be more accessible, and hopefully at somewhat less of a premium than stateside. i'll be bringing some side cash with me for if i can find anything i'm looking for, so i'll be sure to send you a PM when i'm in munich.
                1974 2002tii / stock
                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

is there any kind of craigslist-like public classifieds site around?
                  1974 2002tii / stock
                  2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                    is there any kind of craigslist-like public classifieds site around?
                    you're going to germany, get drunk, party, get laid/etc.. forget about the e30, chlamydia is a way better souvenir than a german check panel
                    Build Threads:
                    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Hey if you find yourself in the Trier/Ramstein area pm me, there are a few E30s on the base junkyards sometimes. I know we have a green one here right now...but finding good E30 parts on the economy is going to be tough as mikeedler said...While you're in Munich be sure to go to the Augstiner Brauhaus...and I would also go to Garmisch about 40 mins down the road and see the Zusptize...it is absolutly AMAZING there! In fact, I'll meet you there as I need a vacation...
                      sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                        you're going to germany, get drunk, party, get laid/etc.. forget about the e30, chlamydia is a way better souvenir than a german check panel
                        I plan to do a lot of things over the next six weeks. Possibly collecting a few parts is one of them.

Originally posted by SpeicherBimmer View Post
                        Hey if you find yourself in the Trier/Ramstein area pm me, there are a few E30s on the base junkyards sometimes. I know we have a green one here right now...but finding good E30 parts on the economy is going to be tough as mikeedler said...While you're in Munich be sure to go to the Augstiner Brauhaus...and I would also go to Garmisch about 40 mins down the road and see the Zusptize...it is absolutly AMAZING there! In fact, I'll meet you there as I need a vacation...
                        I'll be sending you a pm in a few days.
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

got settled in around 1pm today, local time. went around town and took tons of pictures, snagged a few bimmers along the way. i dont get how these cars end up so straight and with such clean interiors, being parked outside and all.

beatiful touring with alpina wheel:

two in this shot:

yoooooooo

YES THAT IS THE LIGHTSWITCH

yeahhhh for hubcaps.

this red...

gross! ti!

this color...

with this interior...
                          1974 2002tii / stock
                          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post

Winner. Good luck finding parts during your trip.
                            sigpic
                            January 2012 COTM

Comment

Germans are probably looking at you funny walking around taking pics of E30s...lol. Welcome to Germany! There's a DTM race at the Ring Aug 17-19...I'll be there. Do you speak German?
                              sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Working...
                              X