Trying to get my mom into a BMW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to get my mom into a BMW...

So my family has never owned anything but Chevy's for as long as I can remember. But having realized the suburban is a stupid car to commute in my mom is looking to get a bmw (not that I was influencing that decision ) or a volvo of some kind (I know nothing about volvo's).

Anyway she still wants to have space for whatever so I am steering her towards an e39 touring, I've heard they are reliable and haven't gotten quite as computery as the e60's (plus they aren't as ugly).

Most of you guys seem to have more experience with cars than I so I am looking for advice here. We're looking for a balance of practicality and comfortability (mom has had numerous back surgeries heated seats are a must) as well as better fuel economy than our suburban. It wouldn't be a car thats going to be modified and tricked out. Just a reliable and nice daily that my mom can be proud of and comfortable driving. What would you guys suggest here?

Thanks as usual R3V :mrgreen:

e34 touring!
    -Peter
    '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
    '91 318is slicktop project
    '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
    '00 Tundra

Comment

E34 touring...V70...XC90/60...not a big fan of E39s...
      sigpic'87 335i

Comment

What ever Volvo you pick will have a more comfortable ride , all volvos stock are fairly cushy cars but the BMW e39,e60 will probabley be More reliable the last couple of volvos we have had in my family spent all of there time in the service department
        88 325is Five Speed
        Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Habla View Post
          e34 touring!
          Hahah thats the one I want, she's hesitant cause it's older :loco:

And thanks for the info on the volvo's. But I'm keeping my eye out for a good condition e34 touring, just gotta convince her

Comment

Originally posted by habla View Post
            e34 touring!
            +1
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Your sig prevented me from reading your post, So my responce = yeah bitch.
              87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Parents always seem to think older is worse. My 85 e30 has been more reliable than all of my cars with the exception of my 98 Acura CL, but I hardly drove that car in the 2 years I had it (<10K). I've put almost 40k on my e30 in the same time.
                No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's e30 View Post
                  Parents always seem to think older is worse. My 85 e30 has been more reliable than all of my cars with the exception of my 98 Acura CL, but I hardly drove that car in the 2 years I had it (<10K). I've put almost 40k on my e30 in the same time.
                  No I agree. My e30 has been worlds more reliable than my buddies e46(s) and another's GTI. And dont get me started on our Chevys...

Comment

Pics of your mom

Comment

XC90s have a class action lawsuit against Volvo for the transmissions falling out of them. I'd stay away from late model Volvos period myself.
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

e34s are cool. Im buying one soon

Comment

e46 touring!!
                          1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                          1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                          1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                          guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                          Originally posted by ak-
                          Must of slid into Rob

Comment

get her that BMW Vixen for sale in the other thread.

bang cousins

profit.

*edit*

who in their right mind would put their flesh and blood mother in a e30/e34 etc.

I'd be looking at something with the most advanced safety features, and that has unsurmountable proven reliability.

my vote would be BMW X1/X3/X5
                            Originally posted by flyboyx
                            i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

I agree, something safe with amenities. E39 or E60.
                              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Working...
                              X