A power window tip...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A power window tip...

Alright, not much of a recipe for a hot thread here, but right now I'm in my garage, attempting to get all 4 windows down in my '88 'vert that's been sitting in here for 2 years, in which the battery has been bad for 3 years.

Alright, so I hooked up my battery charger and the front windows rolled down with no problem, but the rear ones wouldn't. The voltmeter still read 13.6-14 volts, so I was like WTF! in a slightly drunken rage.

Well, for some reason, the rear window motors require more amperage than the front, so I have to run the charger on jump start mode for 8 minutes until the amperage is high enough, to roll down 1 rear window at a time. LAME!

Anyways, my point is, is that the rear window motors want to draw more than the fronts, which doesn't make any sense since the rear windows are smaller. Alright, well I better unplug the charger before the battery explodes and my room mate finds me dead with a bottle of Bacardi in my hand. Hope you find my 2 cents useful someday :).
    I do what I want

Past BMWs: '84 325e, '89 325ic, '92 525i, '91 325ic, '89 535i, '86 325es

Useful. Haha you learn something new everyday. My rear left window's motor went out last week, its my second motor lol.
    87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

I don't know where this thread is going

But I'm an advocate of Bacardi so whatever
      Originally posted by TSI
      ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
      OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post

This.
        Originally posted by Good & Tight
        It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
          This.
          I too, am an advocate of Bacardi.

Originally posted by blunttech
          Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Probably needs more power to push through the rubber gaskets?
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

it may just be that the mechanisms on the rear windows are more gummed up than the front.
              on a vert you have to use bacardi 151 and not just regular bacardi.
              once you take the panels off and clean everything real good and relube it all it should be alot smoother, because the extra power is not needed because the unneccesary load is gone,,,, then you can try some mailbu rum on the rocks as a chaser.
              Originally posted by der affe
              What are you going to start a thread about next? "My woman's skinny jeans chaffe my special parts, f*ck skin irritation"
              Originally posted by navid41691
              And no, I use lotion so I don't have to worry about skin irritation.
              '...rolling balls, i'm elated, i'm going dumb now; drinking liquor i'm faded and having fun now; loaded gun and tripping with everyone around; keep me stuck in the sky, i never wanna come down...'...kabosh

Comment

hahaha this post made me lol but thanks for the tip!!
                M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
                  This.
                  Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                  I too, am an advocate of Bacardi.
                  I don't always drink Bacardi, but when I do I make it 151.

Drink up my frenz. :up:
                  @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Dude I'm so confused.. O_o

My rear windows pop out and don't have a motor.....

Is it cause I'm an Alcoholic no Jack-n-Coke?
                    https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

only one of my rear windows goes up and down. I can tell the stuck one is getting power because I can see the draw on the system, but it will not budge...?
                      1991 335is in progress

Comment

Originally posted by chance View Post
                        only one of my rear windows goes up and down. I can tell the stuck one is getting power because I can see the draw on the system, but it will not budge...?
                        Pour some Bacardi on the seals. :giggle:
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by chance View Post
                          LMAO, alright well since the other night, I borrowed a friend's battery and have confirmed that it's an amperage issue. All 4 windows are down now, as well as the top, so I can start getting some sh** done on this thing. woo! LOL hope y'all found my drunkenness entertaining.
                          I do what I want

Comment

Well, 1 of my barn find Cabrio rear windows won't go down so I had tearing the motor out on my todo list (after finding a head to put back on it). Now I think I'll put a battery in the car instead of trying all this with jumpers to the battery cables.

Bacardi & Bentley
                            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                            Alice the Time Capsule
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                              Bacardi & Bentley
                              ^Excellent.
                              I do what I want

Comment

Working...
                              X