A power window tip...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • agile30
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    I don't know where this thread is going

    But I'm an advocate of Bacardi so whatever
    This.

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    I don't know where this thread is going

    But I'm an advocate of Bacardi so whatever

    Leave a comment:


  • e30Villain
    replied
    Useful. Haha you learn something new everyday. My rear left window's motor went out last week, its my second motor lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dustn525
    started a topic A power window tip...

    A power window tip...

    Alright, not much of a recipe for a hot thread here, but right now I'm in my garage, attempting to get all 4 windows down in my '88 'vert that's been sitting in here for 2 years, in which the battery has been bad for 3 years.

    Alright, so I hooked up my battery charger and the front windows rolled down with no problem, but the rear ones wouldn't. The voltmeter still read 13.6-14 volts, so I was like WTF! in a slightly drunken rage.

    Well, for some reason, the rear window motors require more amperage than the front, so I have to run the charger on jump start mode for 8 minutes until the amperage is high enough, to roll down 1 rear window at a time. LAME!

    Anyways, my point is, is that the rear window motors want to draw more than the fronts, which doesn't make any sense since the rear windows are smaller. Alright, well I better unplug the charger before the battery explodes and my room mate finds me dead with a bottle of Bacardi in my hand. Hope you find my 2 cents useful someday :).
Working...