A power window tip...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • McGyver
    replied
    i tried that, but i must have not made a secure investment in my cheapuggs and they dont fit.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    I usually just push it down with my UGGsssss

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    in a slightly differnt direction, has anyone here ever tried to splice into the window wireing to lower/raise all 4 vert windows at the same time? im thinking some sort of rectifying diode would allow you to draw power in only one direction and make this possible.

    Leave a comment:


  • 325ix
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffnhiscars

    Bacardi & Bentley
    Words to live by.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dustn525
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffnhiscars
    Bacardi & Bentley
    ^Excellent.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Well, 1 of my barn find Cabrio rear windows won't go down so I had tearing the motor out on my todo list (after finding a head to put back on it). Now I think I'll put a battery in the car instead of trying all this with jumpers to the battery cables.

    Bacardi & Bentley

    Leave a comment:


  • Dustn525
    replied
    Originally posted by chance
    only one of my rear windows goes up and down. I can tell the stuck one is getting power because I can see the draw on the system, but it will not budge...?
    LMAO, alright well since the other night, I borrowed a friend's battery and have confirmed that it's an amperage issue. All 4 windows are down now, as well as the top, so I can start getting some sh** done on this thing. woo! LOL hope y'all found my drunkenness entertaining.

    Leave a comment:


  • IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by chance
    only one of my rear windows goes up and down. I can tell the stuck one is getting power because I can see the draw on the system, but it will not budge...?
    Pour some Bacardi on the seals. :giggle:

    Leave a comment:


  • chance
    replied
    only one of my rear windows goes up and down. I can tell the stuck one is getting power because I can see the draw on the system, but it will not budge...?

    Leave a comment:


  • MonkeyMadness
    replied
    Dude I'm so confused.. O_o

    My rear windows pop out and don't have a motor.....


    Is it cause I'm an Alcoholic no Jack-n-Coke?

    Leave a comment:


  • IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    I don't know where this thread is going

    But I'm an advocate of Bacardi so whatever
    Originally posted by agile30
    This.
    Originally posted by mrcheezle19
    I too, am an advocate of Bacardi.
    I don't always drink Bacardi, but when I do I make it 151.

    Drink up my frenz. :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • dougie30
    replied
    hahaha this post made me lol but thanks for the tip!!

    Leave a comment:


  • WhyNot
    replied
    it may just be that the mechanisms on the rear windows are more gummed up than the front.
    on a vert you have to use bacardi 151 and not just regular bacardi.
    once you take the panels off and clean everything real good and relube it all it should be alot smoother, because the extra power is not needed because the unneccesary load is gone,,,, then you can try some mailbu rum on the rocks as a chaser.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thizzelle
    replied
    Probably needs more power to push through the rubber gaskets?

    Leave a comment:


  • mrcheezle19
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    I don't know where this thread is going

    But I'm an advocate of Bacardi so whatever
    Originally posted by agile30
    This.
    I too, am an advocate of Bacardi.

    Leave a comment:

Working...