BMW vs. ñeque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW vs. ñeque

Saturday I was driving my ex-girlfriend home, I decided to take the road that goes through one of our national parks (it's the only tropical rainforest within a city!) because, well, it was the most direct route (and high traffic, so I didn't ask for it). So here I am, cruising along at like 60km/h with the top down when a ñeque (it's like a really big guinea pig) runs out on the road right in front of me. I hit the brakes but it was to late, so I just maintained course. On the left side was incoming traffic and on the right was jungle, so it was the only thing to do.

Needless to say, the ñeque died. Decapitated. Really gruesome. What had me pissed was that my front lip ate it. Guess it's time for plastic bumpers :D
    Anyone got a set for a conversion they'd be willing to let go? :)

Here are some pics of the damage i just took. No, no pictures of the roadkill.

1988 325iC - "Betty" - Daily Driver/Project Car.
    1993 318i - "The Golden Dream" - Dad's Car.
    1995 318ti - "Hellrot" - R.I.P.

I thikn you got the better end of the deal. That ñeque sounds like a fearsome beast!

Comment

It's got huge teeth!

Comment

what do they taste like?
        BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
          what do they taste like?
          Actually, I ate ñeque before when I visited the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute at BCI.. They had a farm of em as an alternative food source. They taste just like beef. The meat is even more tender. Good stuff.

Comment

I vote this to be rev's weirdest thread.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by motorprestige
              I vote this to be rev's weirdest thread.
              Most bad-ass thread.

I really wasn't expecting a real answer on the taste... Kudos to you!

-Addis

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
              On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
              BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Sorry about your car. There is life after frontal damage Look at my sig. I had the same front end you have.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I wonder if that's the same thing as the "Neutra Rats" or "Nutria" (not sure of spelling here) they have down in Louisiana? Those are some nasty hybrid creatures, that are like half beaver, half swamp rats. I have seen 'em dead on the road down there and they can get HUGE! (for a rat anyway!)
                  Last edited by RCWells; 11-28-2005, 03:41 PM.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

^^I think Nutria are even bigger. They can get to be the size of a small dog. I've never hit one (though my dad hit an alligator in our Land Rover a few years ago).

Comment

http://images.google.com/images?q=nutria

No doubt this is the same thing he was referring to, and it IS Nutria rat.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

i thought those giant guinnea pigs were called capibara or something like that....either way, thats hilarious.
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Well, I've always wanted to go the M-Tech II route, and if my dad's willing to pick up the tab, I'm going for it if I can score one. If not, plastic bumpers. I really hate diving boards.

As for the Nutria.. No relation (that I can think of). ñeque are animals native to central america. Think of a really big guinea pig. The one I hit was purdy big too.

Comment

Originally posted by PanamaE30
                            Well, I've always wanted to go the M-Tech II route, and if my dad's willing to pick up the tab, I'm going for it if I can score one. If not, plastic bumpers. I really hate diving boards.

As for the Nutria.. No relation (that I can think of). ñeque are animals native to central america. Think of a really big guinea pig. The one I hit was purdy big too.
                            That sucks about your car.

Did you take home the remaining for the bbq?

Only things I might hit around my area are skunks, raccoons, and squirels.
                            Have you guys ever hit a skunk before? Your car will stink like shit for weeks - it's pretty tough to get the stench out.
                            ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
                              That sucks about your car.

Did you take home the remaining for the bbq?

Only things I might hit around my area are skunks, raccoons, and squirels.
                              Have you guys ever hit a skunk before? Your car will stink like shit for weeks - it's pretty tough to get the stench out.
                              even if you run over the dead ones it still stinks...
                              iv almost hit a deer and a coyotee. i hit a bunny the other day, it caught the sharp end of my skid plate... no body damage to the car, the bunny however lost its head. and i hit a blue herrin in my sisters car, it was flying... and my brother hit a crow and its beak got stuck in the front bumper.

Comment

Working...
                              X