ix vs i parts question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ix vs i parts question

I have a question about engine part similarities between the ix and i. Does anyone know if the engine wiring harnesses are interchangeable? Could parts needed for an e2i swap be pulled from an ix? Thanks!

The oil level sensor wiring is different and there is one more pin in the c101, which you can ignore. But it should work just fine.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

what parts are you pulling? the trans/oilpan/dipstick/mount stuff is all specific.
      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
      1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was looking at a complete topend so head, intake, fuelrail, harness and ecu as well as a bottom end. I know ill need a crank, pistons and oilpan and that the ecu wont work. I wanted to build one up then drop it into my ETA. so will the harness work if I ignore the extra pin and use the is oil level sensor? I found cheap ix parts so that's why I am considering this.

Comment

you should be fine. my ix had a 153 dme. remember, if your car is pre-10/85 you'll need a fusebox adapter anyway.
          1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
          1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
          1974 2002tii / stock
          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Cool, I'm pretty dang excited for this swap

Comment

You can use the ix manual trans for rwd, it has the ears for regular trans mounts. You need a driveshaft with a 96mm guibo flange.

The ix ecu is the same as any m20b25
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks Nando, thats good to know.

Comment

Working...
                X