Just saw a 300SL in museum condition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw a 300SL in museum condition!

I could not believe my eyes. It had Mexico City Historic plates (did not know they had historic plates here)

I am afraid to drive my car here I can't imagine how I would feel with a 1,000,000 + car!

The Mercedes Benz 300SL Coupe was first introduced in 1954. It was immediately nicknamed the Gullwing because the doors opened vertically. This car has since become one of the most desired collector cars on the market. Back when the gullwing first came out, it had a retail price of less than $10,000. Today, this car can fetch as much as $1,000,000.
    Last edited by parkerbink; 12-03-2005, 03:33 PM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

I've seen one of those. I touched it in naughty, naughty places.

Comment

the car museum in Watking Glen had one, and I saw a few NIIICE ones at the vintage races
      Originally posted by blunt
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

i would crash it on purpose..
        1991 BMW ///M5 .:Black on Black:. - Modded
        1988 BMW 325i .:Zinnebarrot on Black:. - Modded
        1999 Volvo V70R AWD .:TI Silver on Black:. - Modding has begun
        1999 Subaru Legacy AWD/5 .:Green on Grey:. - Modded Rally Style
        1990 M20iS Alpwhite II- Sold

Comment

There was one at a dealer across from my work for a while. Way hot. My dads best friend from his childhood owns 2 of them.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM5LOVER
            i would crash it on purpose..

thats a waste of a post. good job.

gullwings > most other cars. and thats the facts jack.

Comment

i saw one of those on the highway last year. thing sounds soo nice.

Comment

My uncle has a maroon convertible 300sl. Haven't seen it in a long time though. It's in storage, everytime I visit him all I see is his M coupe.

Comment

One of the guys participating in the 2002 La Carrera Panamericana Totaled one of those.

"Within three blocks of the square at the start of the day in Puebla, the last unwrecked Mercedes 300SL Gullwing hit a car at a cross street and put itself through a department store window where it started a fire. "

2 other 300SL's were also totaled in this race.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                  https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

saw silver Gullwing driving on Staten Island this past Fall, my neck almost broke.
                    I had a pic of Gullwing next to McLaren SLR with raised doors at the NYC Auto show few years ago, everyone was looking at the Gullwing, I'll see if I can find and scan that pic

Comment

300SLS > 300SL.

The sexiest convertible on the planet. End of story.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

I saw one in Glendale as well over the weekend and I was surprised!! It was a minter. Was it on Saturday? An old white guy got out of it. Didnt see the plate. HAD to be the same guy as I doubt 2 gullwings would be out at the same time, even in L.A.

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

300SL Gullwings look amazing, but they're not exactly a driver's car. The cars are pretty heavy from the reinforcement in the sills needed for the gull wing doors.

That said, 300SLR >> 300SL. The SLR was essentially MB's F1 car, with some gorgeous body work wrapped around it, and Sir Sterling Moss behind the wheel
                          San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

I just saw one up here in a supercar show sunday at the saratoga auto museum

sexy as hell

Comment

i used to see one pretty often where i worked. Old guy that always went to MCL, an old peoples food place. Incedently, i would see an ambulance outfront more often then i saw the gullwing

Originally posted by vlad
                              Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Working...
                              X