e30 fender bender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 fender bender

Was stopped at a yield sign at a rotary leading to the expressway (93N).
    lady in front of me was inching ahead in a chrystler 300 Special M (whatever the f*ck that is).
    No one was coming around the rotary.........

so I think she's about to drive forward....
    WRONG
    WRONG
    WRONG

she hit the brakes instead

My car isworse than hers. Hers: Clear coat bumper scraping, no indentation.
    Mine: lower front spoiler grill popped out. more damage to plastic bumpers. no paint damage. no dents.

Only shitty thing: Lady was driving her boss' car so it has to go through insurance.

Don't have a camera or else would put up pics.

Advice?

Now I really need the front plastic bumper cover - can anyone help me out??

bumper trim is pretty cheap and if your valence didnt get bent then it should be a pretty easy fix. people get euro bumper trim all time and might have a few pieces in decent shap.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Same thing happened to me in my Pathfinder. About to merge onto 128 in Lexington qwith some rich broad in a land rover taking her sweet time in front of me. I look to my left and there isnt a car in sight. The lady starts to go so I think Im all good. Look to my left again to check for oncoming traffic and I slam into the back of her. She stopped cause she said she saw a squirrel. That was one fucking expensive rodent.
      Back to my roots

Comment

yeah, agree, bumper trim is pretty inexpensive. however, i have the later style plastic bumper covers --> from stealership it's around 300.

we should take bets to see how much my insurance will go up.......

i have one ticket in my driving life: driving unregistered car (hey, it expired and I dropped the ball... oops)
        odly enough, it didn't affect my insurance rate...

no accidents
        never

my valance needs to be hammered out from an earlier incident involving a supposed snowball (ice block), my car and my ex driving my car.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy
          yeah, agree, bumper trim is pretty inexpensive. however, i have the later style plastic bumper covers --> from stealership it's around 300.

we should take bets to see how much my insurance will go up.......

i have one ticket in my driving life: driving unregistered car (hey, it expired and I dropped the ball... oops)
          odly enough, it didn't affect my insurance rate...

no accidents
          never

my valance needs to be hammered out from an earlier incident involving a supposed snowball (ice block), my car and my ex driving my car.
          The guy can claim it to the insurance company, but you can still pay out of your pocket to fix the his/her car, and your insurance will not go up?
          ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

royalflush313: well, my ins will go up either way. cuz, since the lady already went to her ins co, and claimed i hit her, I now am forced to fill out a claim through my ins. if she had simply gotten an estimate on the amt of damage, I would've paid her, neither one of us would've gone through insurance, and everything would be good.
            maybe there's a different system in canada?

thanks for the support guys. this totally sucks
            and my neck is beginning to get sore.

Comment

Shitty deal man, but unfortunately you're the one at fault.
              '91 318is
              sigpic

Comment

I had a similar situation in 2000 except I was merging from the 405n to the 101n in L.A. it is a bad transition from one freeway to another where you need to move left to get into the fast lane and at the same time avoid the people coming right to get off the freeway at the exit which is close & obviously on the right.

I was in my heavily modified 98 F150 4X4 which had a 6" lift, big ass monster mudders and big nickle plate bumpers, I am accellerating, moving left and the freaking traffic stops. I hit a van above their bumper and completely destroyed the rear door and pushed them (slowly) into the pos 80's Accord with white trash occupants in front of the van. There was not a scratch on the Accord but they acted like thay had been shot. I told Geico there was no damage to the Honda and that they could not have been hurt and they paid them 27k (on top of the deserved 7k the van got)

Sorry this happened but thats why we pay for insurance.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Low performance driving at its finest!

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                  https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by crazy
                    royalflush313: well, my ins will go up either way. cuz, since the lady already went to her ins co, and claimed i hit her, I now am forced to fill out a claim through my ins. if she had simply gotten an estimate on the amt of damage, I would've paid her, neither one of us would've gone through insurance, and everything would be good.
                    maybe there's a different system in canada?

thanks for the support guys. this totally sucks
                    and my neck is beginning to get sore.
                    yeah I think the Canadian system is different.

One time when I was in highschool, I was in my pos civic driving past another highschool, and my friend goes, "dude look, that chick is sooo hot." I glanced over, then looked in front to have a family sedan inches from my car - needless to say, I rearended her.

She called into insurance, took her car to the shop, and sent me a bill. I think it was like 800 bucks for a stupid little scratch on her bumper. I would've used insurance, but it was under my sister's name, and she would not let me (for obvious reasons).

That was probably one of the stupidest mistakes I have made in my life. It happened not too long after I got my licence. That wasn't the last time I crashed that civic though :o
                    ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

I had an incident a while back with my old e36 Cabrio.... anyways, I was going around 55 on rt 110 in Lowell, MA, near a road that was a right turn only. That road is like that for a reason, because its dangerous to take a left there.

Well, I am motoring along, and all of a sudden a Ford Focus takes a left out in front of me at the last minute, then sees a squirrell and hits the brakes! Needless to say, I didn't shake off that much speed, and managed to send the e36 back to the bodyshop, after it just got a new front end from the last idiot who pulled out in front of me.
                      Turns out her Focus had 15 miles on it, she just bought it that day..... left rear wheel tucked underneth it, trunk and left quarter done, and left rear door possibly salavgable. $4k in damage to my car, hood went to the sky, headlights, grille, valence, bumper, one fender, cooling system, etc. And her repsonse was- "Officer, I swear I thought I had enough room." "What about the no left turn signs?" "Oh, well, you know nobody listens to those..."

Having 5 collsions on your BMW convertible in one year due to stupid drivers = Priceless....
                      01 325Ci
                      87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

dude the exact same thing happened to me.

i was busy looking down to road at the incoming cars and took it for granted that she would pull out.

this was at a stop sign though
                        Last edited by E30godz; 12-06-2005, 10:25 AM.

Comment

that's a bummer, and sure sign you're following too closely. No offense.
                          BEERTECH

Comment

totally my fault, i admit it. it's my first accident (i've been driving for 14 years). never had a speeding ticket, but got a ticket for driving w expired reg

rob: actually, we were all stopped waiting for a break in the rotary traffic. so I wasn't following too closely. My attention was on the rotary traffic not the car in front of me.....
                            regardless, the lesson is learned!!

jordan : yep totally

judging from everyone's responses, these types of accidents happen more frequently than we realize. Hey, at least I don't have to replace body panels or straighten a frame.....

Comment

Working...
                            X