what's this 2002 worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's this 2002 worth?

How much should I bid? It's very close to me so I'm going to try to go look at it first.
    My Feedback

It's impossible to say, depends on how much rust is hiding under there. $500 to $2.5k.

Appears to be a '74. Plus side will be what looks to be a mint interior (crack free dash?!).
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Judging by the amount of leaves on and under the car, the garage was not offering the best of weather protection. Rust will likely be a big problem.

You also need to consider why it might have been parked in the first place. It doesn't strike me as a well loved specimen (wipers left up, trim falling off around the trunk, etc).

I would only make an offer based on what you might recoup in part-out value.

1987 325e - 5 speed - Mods: 3.25 LSD, Mark D Chip, Bilstein HD's, Ansa Sport

Comment

not 2 k in my book
        Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_
        HONDA IS WHERE EVERY TREND DIES! .

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

If it's as rusty as it likely is (look for rust EVERYWHERE), it's a parts car.
          sigpic

Comment

Went and looked at it today and it's pretty rusted. Are there any parts on it worth saving? Would $250 cash be too much for me to tow it home and try to make it worth my time parting out?
            My Feedback

Comment

Any 2002 at this point is worth 500 at this point. The little bits and pieces are not getting more plentiful.

John
              The Revolution will not be televised.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                Went and looked at it today and it's pretty rusted. Are there any parts on it worth saving? Would $250 cash be too much for me to tow it home and try to make it worth my time parting out?

If its pretty rusty its not worth it IMHO. Body work is gonna suck, Id keep an eye out for a cleaner one

Comment

Originally posted by travish325 View Post
                  If its pretty rusty its not worth it IMHO. Body work is gonna suck, Id keep an eye out for a cleaner one
                  Read the rest of my post, I wouldn't buy it to fix it up b/c the rust is beyond repair. I'd buy it to save the good parts on it for other 2002's that need them, and maybe make a little money to put into my m20 rebuild.
                  My Feedback

Comment

It never hurts to have a spare 2002 to back up your DD or Toy. Especially if the interior bits are in great condition.
                    Yours truly,
                    Rich
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Rigmaster
                    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I'd pay a grand for it if the car should be easily accessible. Not willing to spend hours dragging that thing out of the garage from a dirt road though. And that's only because I see quite a few pieces I need all in one place.

You should be able to make a little profit but I don't know how much your time is worth. It will take a while to dismantle, clean and sell it all.
                      sigpic

Comment

probably not worth the effort.

t
                        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Umm, It is worth buying. Is what its worth.
                          » PARTS FOR SALE
                          » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

IDK about this one. As another said, I'd only buy it for what I could recoup by parting it out. Yes, I'm sure the 2002 community would praise you for the parts you could pull, but it's all up to you if it's worth your time.

The condition is disappointing given the circumstances. "A 2002 sitting for 26 years in a barn"...if only that barn were in California lol. I don't see that barn as much protection against Michigan winters, it's sad when rust kills potential.

I shed a tear every time I pass these on the way to my river house.

Comment

Having cut up my share of rusty 2002's, you don't usually make a day's wages from the
                              work. And it takes a day to strip one and dispose of it.

Problem is, with maybe only a few exceptions, the parts that are worn are the parts
                              that are worn on everyone's car- so they're not worth much. If it had been cared for,
                              the interior might be worth something- but 25 years of 'storage' still means 15 years of
                              use, now.

So certainly do it if you want to- but it'll be for fun, not for profit.

And there are still quite a few clean 2002s out there- heroic efforts for a '72 tii might
                              be worth it, but they aren't, yet, for a rusty squarie.

btdt.

t
                              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                              X