Highway Disasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highway Disasters

So I'm driving down i95 last night and this riced out Honda Civic flies by doin about 90 with this ridiculous roof rack (Who puts a rack on an 89 civic).. "Look at that douche bag" I thought... No later then 3 mins after that, I see something in my lane but I can't make it out... shore enough... BOOM!! I hit the damn thing at about 65mph... For sure I had at least a flat. I pull over, check both front rubbers, no flat... Got lucky, Then, I look down at the front spoiler, and it's friggin smashed in on the left side by the air duct, fog light and all. Now, I'm pissed! Damn Honda jerkoffs ruin the day again. Now I need a front spoiler... Donations? jk

Thank god I didn't swerve and cause a big accident, or get 2 front flats... Could've been worse, but it was still a disaster I just didn't need...
    I'm done my rant... Got any similar stories?

I watched an early iS airdam get run over and folded in half on the freeway. I rocked that bitch for 2 years! Sucks dude.
    -Andy

Comment

Why wouldn't you put a roof rack on an 89 civic? You know they have a function beyond a fashion accessory, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
        Why wouldn't you put a roof rack on an 89 civic? You know they have a function beyond a fashion accessory, right?
        99% of the idiots putting roof racks on their Hondas are using them as fashion accessories. :D
        RIP: Delphin '89 E30 with S50 swap and lots of goodies :'(

Then: '04 Evo 8 RS, 500 whp/420 wtq 2900 lb E85 AWD turbo shits 'n giggles

Now: 2003 BMW M5 in Sterling Gray

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
          True that, bro. I don't understand the honda hate.

Comment

What is it that you hit? I'm not seeing how the Honda is at fault here.

Comment

He hit a piece of the honda's roof rack that was apparently not secured properly.

I once was on another forum, NorcalE30 I believe, and some kid posted asking where he could find a roof rack with a wind faring. When asked why he wanted one he said that he wanted it for the extra downforce. That gave me the best laugh I'd had in a long time.
              sigpic

Comment

Years ago I hit a Canadian Goose that was about 30 -35 lbs in my Girlfriends new Jetta. It could not escape the downward wind forces that were blowing over US 395 through Washoe Valley NV. I was headed to the Reno airport. Tookout the front windsheild and ended up inches from my face. Glass everywhere and sounded like a shotgun blast inside the cabin. Dead goose bled all over the inside of the vehicle -seats, carpet, door panels, etc...

Did not swerve or lockup the brakes. Just forgot to clutch and braked steadily to the side of the highway. Vehicle was done for the day. Had to have it towed . Called my Girlfriends mom who transported me to the airport after the local Paramedics dusted me off for glass shards. Still made my flight on time.

So roof rack pieces on the road taking out a spoiler and front fog light is really not a big deal to me. Ive been through worse. Much worse.

Then there was the time that I was driving the same vehicle pre goose carnage and there was a sheet of plywood that was in the highway. Low Vette drove over it right infront of me and the vaccuum created pulled the entire sheet vertical right as I got to where it was. Broke that sucker into a million splintering pieces and demolished the front hood in the process. It was like something out of a movie. Vette dude did not even brake . Fucker!

Comment

Hit a deer on the highway a couple months back. There were literally 4 of them having a party in the middle of the freeway, nowhere to go. After that was sorted out a 55 gallon drum (plastic, and empty thankfully) fell out of the back of a pickup that merged onto the highwayin front of me, not even a mile from the deer. Hit that too. Knocked the kidneys out, and I had the pleasure of hearing a semi shatter them into what sounded like a million pieces. That was quite a fun 500 mile trip.

Comment

Working...
                  X