No announcement yet.

Interesting - Money Pit Assassins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I will ever DD anything else... Whenever I am driving another car or truck I am just telling myself how much i miss the steering feel, linear throttle, tossability, unique style, etc... Am I obsessed and have I lost all objectivity?... No, I think I am brilliant! Now the guy who has 18 Gremlins in his yard; he has a disturbing obsession.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
      Well I have been DDing my car now for 6 months take me an hour to drive to work and a hour home. No not on a freeway in slow 60km/h roads with lots of traffic lights. Yes my E30 is a lot of fun to drive, but I find my self wanting something newer with climate control, autotragic, smooth taking off, safer (lots of crazy people in peak hour traffic). No matter what E30 you have it will not compare to a newer model car, even if you rebuilt it to spec.

The E30 needs to be driven and driven hard, I just can't do that in peak hour traffic, if a toyota camery fits the bill then yes I will drive a toyota camery.

I would be happy to DD my E30 if it only took me 10 min to get to work.
      Ah okay, mine is a bit different. 15 mins commute in the very early morning so I get to blast is on the freeway. I also come him 1 hour before traffic starts so it's a nice stroll.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndName View Post
        Ah okay, mine is a bit different. 15 mins commute in the very early morning so I get to blast is on the freeway. I also come him 1 hour before traffic starts so it's a nice stroll.
        Well you are a lucky man and I envy you. Besides the pants wearing of course. :D
        sigpic

Comment

Lol, a happy wife is a happy life. No wife aggro means more modding, haha

Comment

So my 2.8 Dbilas cammed stroker is even run in yet and I am already spending money on doing a 265 dogleg conversion to go behind it. Addicted? Totally.
            Pulling my hair out with all these friggin BMW's:
            2000 M5 Winter beater
            1984 318i Coupe 2.5 S14 going in the car below.
            1988 M3 Lachssilber: I'm the second owner, currently recommissioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
              Well I have been DDing my car now for 6 months take me an hour to drive to work and a hour home. No not on a freeway in slow 60km/h roads with lots of traffic lights. Yes my E30 is a lot of fun to drive, but I find my self wanting something newer with climate control, autotragic, smooth taking off, safer (lots of crazy people in peak hour traffic). No matter what E30 you have it will not compare to a newer model car, even if you rebuilt it to spec.

The E30 needs to be driven and driven hard, I just can't do that in peak hour traffic, if a toyota camery fits the bill then yes I will drive a toyota camery.

I would be happy to DD my E30 if it only took me 10 min to get to work.
              I wouldn't want to drive an automatic in any conditions, traffic or not. I'd way rather drive a standard. it's not like you have to really think about it. smooth driving is up to the driver, instead of an awful slushbox. Also it gives me something to do other than stare at red lights :)

but, driving an E30 in stoplight-golight-stoplight-golight would drive me batty too, mostly because the car wants to be free. fortunately I don't have that kind of drive.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm the opposite, my eta was bought for 200. A little over a grand and a headgasket, timing belt, water pump, all new meyle bushings/arms front and back, struts, LSD and axles later. I have not spent a dime more on it except for gas and oil.

Comment

Lucky! I can't just turn it off until it's too late and I've placed the order.

Comment

Working...
                  X