Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with a late model E30 bare shell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowtie2bimmer View Post
    This but reverse. Do the front as a grill and the trunk as a trailer...

Obviously you would cut the hood in half or else you'll have a huge fucking grill (which isn't per se a bad thing)
    OP said the FL is dead. I wouldnt make the front a bbq unless it was in good condition. Defeats the purpose of having a legit bbq if you have a smashed front end.
    Which is why i said the back end would be great for a bbq grill. i mean its almost perfect. the trunk would basically be the bbq. gut the trunk and buy a grill that fits in there or fab one up. keep the wheels on the back half with some stock weaves so you can move it around when you want to put it away. omg this sounds amazing as im describing it.

Comment

Sounds like you're talking yourself into a project Dan!
      Illest here's the pics. The strut tower got pushed back far enough to break the lower fuse box, and the tower is actually about 1/4" away from the vacuum booster.
      Last edited by Quadrajet; 01-03-2014, 12:25 AM.

Comment

yeah maybe i am lol

Comment

The more I look at it the more I'm considering the project too.

But I have to weigh the other stuff I have waiting on me at the moment. I have to swap some motors and dismantle an e34, that has been pushed back twice on the list of to-do's.

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
            Tube frame front and tub rear. Drop in 1000hp M30 turbo.

Dragster.

Thread\

Comment

you could make an early model owner very happy with that rear valence

Comment

I would love to get my hands on that rear bumper... but you should build a BBQ trailer

Comment

I would do a BBQ trailer, except for the fact that I have access to my Dad's BBQ nearly anytime I want.

Bimmer630, I don't have the rear bumper, it was sold before I bought the car. I do have the rear bumper shocks for sale though.

I'm gonna mull it over for another day or two, but it looks like it will get the saw. I just don't have the space for storing it whole, and I have a covered trailer I can use most of the time. Who knows there maybe some sheetmetal to buy in the next week or so.

Comment

Working...
                  X