Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R3v'd by a Nissan Cube. How borked is my E30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's looks fine to be honest, but it all depends on the insurance company. If you have receipts, good cuz you'll need em if they give you a headache.

Comment

looks fine, didnt even break the plastic around the bumper i wouldnt say shit to the insurance people, and just drive it
      M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Originally posted by dougie30 View Post
        looks fine, didnt even break the plastic around the bumper i wouldnt say shit to the insurance people, and just drive it
        +1
        car was already rusty...what's a little misaligned bumper gonna do?
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
          +1
          car was already rusty...what's a little misaligned bumper gonna do?
          it would bother the hell out of me if it was my car lol

Comment

Least rusty e30 ive owned. Its really only the trunklid thats that bad.

My biggest concern is the warping in the quarter panel/ battery box. If it was just the bumper and the little dent i wouldnt be so worried.
            1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
            1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
            1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
            1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

guys the exterior damage isn't what is the concern.....The very first pic shows structural damage that looks totaled to me. As much as I don't want to say it, this looks totaled from that picture. A bumper and body work is easy, its the structural damage that will be too costly for the insurance company to fix and they will rather total it.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post

Fuck insurance companies. We pay them thousands just to say, "HEY FUCK YOU BUDDY!"
                \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
                Sue the person that hit you?
                Not sure how it goes down in RI, but I've personally done this twice (successfully) in small claims court. I'd rather let a 3rd party, unbiased judge decide the verdict and financial compensation than two penny pinching insurance agents.

Instead what I did was express sentimental value to the vehicle, express my loss of happiness, provided information regarding replacement/rebuild cost, provided comparable E30's on the market and their price, and stand your ground. The major thing to stress (applies to both options; court or insurance) is the driver's negligence, the fact that he is responsible for damaging/totaling your car, and that you're seeking reasonable compensation to simply "get back to square one"...where you were before the accident.

I'm happy to offer any advice if you're interested. I'm a huge fan of the legal system, I believe it works when given the chance, and it may be your best bet.

Disclosure: Because some members are so touchy, I'd like to add that I am not offering legal representation, not seeking compensation, I myself am not an attorney (my mother is) and I am not claiming to be one. Just offering first hand advice in regard to my similar experiences.

Comment

unfortunately this is one of the risks we take owning an older bmw. the slightest fender bender is nerve racking because you never know what the insurance companies will say about it.

Comment

I pay $15/month for liability-only on the e30 for this reason. The value of these cars is so low "by the book" that pretty much any significant accident will total the car. If it's not totaled, it's a low enough repair cost that I can just pay for it myself.

I would talk to the guy that hit you and see if he wants to work out an "off the books" deal to keep the rear-ender off his driving record/insurance record. I did this when someone rear-ended my 1970 Triumph (which has virtually no "actual" value by the book), and the guy paid about $2k cash, which covered my repairs (and then some, since I did them myself), so he could keep his clean insurance record. Don't underestimate how much people DON'T want stuff to be on their insurance record!
                    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
                    Track/street e21 build
                    visit Condor Speed Shop
                    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

about 200 in body work and youre good to go

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
                        \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Not sure how it goes down in RI, but I've personally done this twice (successfully) in small claims court. I'd rather let a 3rd party, unbiased judge decide the verdict and financial compensation than two penny pinching insurance agents.

Instead what I did was express sentimental value to the vehicle, express my loss of happiness, provided information regarding replacement/rebuild cost, provided comparable E30's on the market and their price, and stand your ground. The major thing to stress (applies to both options; court or insurance) is the driver's negligence, the fact that he is responsible for damaging/totaling your car, and that you're seeking reasonable compensation to simply "get back to square one"...where you were before the accident.

I'm happy to offer any advice if you're interested. I'm a huge fan of the legal system, I believe it works when given the chance, and it may be your best bet.

Disclosure: Because some members are so touchy, I'd like to add that I am not offering legal representation, not seeking compensation, I myself am not an attorney (my mother is) and I am not claiming to be one. Just offering first hand advice in regard to my similar experiences.
                        Thank you very much, I may be in touch. I may have to do this unless i can get reasonable compensation for my car and get another one. Id prefer to keep this one tho.

I doubt he had much money and would be willing to do anything.

I know their must be structural damage. But i dont think its to bad.

I havnt made any ground on this because for whatever reason the fucking Rhode Island State police have their heads up their ass and havnt released my police report yet. I got the number to the actual trooper and im gonna call and give him an earfull tomarrow. Were supposed to get some Hurricane bullshit on monday and I know It'll be days before i hear from anyone if I wait.
                        1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                        1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                        1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                        1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

get your own quotes to fix and fight insurance to pay in full. They tried to total my friends car for cut vert top, went and got my own quote from an actual vert top shot (insurance got their quote from a auto body shop, fucking newbs) and they accepted it and no total on vehicle since it was way lower than their quote. been 2 months and top is perfect, better than before, German cloth too.
                          "I wanna see da boat movie"
                          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post

LOL sully
                            "I wanna see da boat movie"
                            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

tree+rope $.30 in gas, car fixed.
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                              X