Chevy running outta steam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
    That car is gone and so are the memories with it.

It's like a pushrod prodding at my heart...I try not to think about it anymore.

I do yearn for that Mopar muscle from time to time, but I'm too stuck in BMW land to get out, for now. Plus too, old Mopars are soooo expensive. Ugh.
    I'm with forcedfirebird here, but will say its getting pretty much on the verge of you're just being an annoying troll. And stuck in BMW land? I guess you ditched your love for Land Rivers now too.
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    You post just to post. All of a sudden you don't like the Mopar because pushrods are brought up.

He said they ARE reliable, just not powerful haha.

Oh, and as far as bringing back the RPO code (name of motor aka lt1), GM has done that for every generation. First gen ls6 was a 454, first gen lt1 was a 350 etc etc.
    Oh shit!!! I apologize, for coming off as an butt hurt asshole lol.

And yeah you're right about the ls being out before. That's why I put the newer ls series.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

There's a lot of blah blah blah in this thread. Me thinks the LQ9 with LS3 heads, LS3 intake, 92mm TB and custom ground cam I'm building right now will be fun in my E28. Yes, pushrods. All the people that are bored of the SBC can take my car for a spin. Don't think they'll be bored of the engine after that.
      1989 US E30 Cammed S52
      Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
        Oh shit!!! I apologize, for coming off as an butt hurt asshole lol.
        Sorry, I tend to use adjectives that aren't normally paired with words for extra effect. Yes, the genI SBC is one of those most reliable motors out there. (Now, the smog era restrictions on the other hand...). However, it takes a LOT of money to make a genI be as reliable as factory and make north of 350whp.
        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Working...
        X