Throttle body spacers and the likes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle body spacers and the likes...

So, I have been browsing around for a CAI for my e46 and have been weighing the benefits of having one versus the stock airbox. I just hate how the low end on these cars really blow compared to the e30....but anyways, I saw those throttle body spacers and their claims of 10hp gains and what not and I can't seem to understand how that little thing is supposed to gain anything for our car. Don't throttle body spacers only benefit certain types of FI or Carb's? Would the FI type on an e46 even use this to its benefit? Is a CAI even that much of a benefit for the e46? Is all of this just a scam and I should go home and burn my e46?

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
    Originally posted by scabzzzz
    I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
    1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
    2002 325i - DD
    2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

It will sound better, all cone filters do that

Comment

From what I have found out on my own is that changing shit like this does nothing without a tune. Unless your management system can adapt to the changes. I would look into software to maybe get some low end back? I'm no expert just my

Comment

On my 03 330 a CAI did nothing. Dyno'd it with and w/out it. No change.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
          From what I have found out on my own is that changing shit like this does nothing without a tune. Unless your management system can adapt to the changes. I would look into software to maybe get some low end back? I'm no expert just my

motronic and newer Engine management software has the ability to "learn" and make small changes to remain efficient. Elevation change/ thinner air/ temp ect.

cone filters dont do shit but change the sound. just keep it stock. Tb spacers dont do anything either.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
          Ig:ryno_pzk
          I like the tuna here.
          Originally posted by lambo
          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

On a stock engine, intakes and exhaust do noting. It is when you get into build engines with headwork and cams that those pieces will make a noticeable difference.

Comment

I have been looking at the shark tunes and what not, but before spending $350 on it, I want to know if it really will do much for my car. N/A is pretty hard to make power with without some real bolt-ons.

I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
              2002 325i - DD
              2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Sprint Booster is cool. I got one free and slapped it on the 330. Love it. Makes it feel quicker.

Comment

Might I add if it's anything other than a 330i w/5 or 6sp don't bother.

Comment

:( 325i 5spd...

2002 325i - DD
                    2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

I would give up on trying to make that car seem quick/quicker. Either accept it as a slow, comfy and hopefully reliable daily driver or dump it for something else.
                      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                      Originally posted by mbonanni
                      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
                        :( 325i 5spd...
                        I think a 330 intake mani is an upgrade, but you'd have to do some swapping if you don't have an electric throttle. Ebay headers work well. I've got them with stock exhaust and it sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                        X